- $37 Hourly
This position is one with emphasis on both instrumentation and electrical work. Work with instrumentation includes installing, maintaining, and repairing/replacing automated valves and field instrumentation. This position also requires the maintenance and troubleshooting of the plant’s process control systems and equipment. Electrical work includes installing, maintaining, and repairing/replacing electrical wire and conduit, switches, motor control centers and breakers, and other electrical equipment.
DIMENSIONS: (List pertinent statistics (annualized) of job’s accountabilities, such as responsibility for sales, department budget, supervision of staff, pounds of output, etc.)
The Hammond Indiana facility is comprised of five distinct manufacturing lines: HiTEC, HiTemp, Sulfurization, Functional Additives, and Blends. The facility operates under ISO 9001 and RCMS guidelines and is required to comply and adhere to strict OSHA/EPA regulatory protocols and regulations. The facility is also a Title V operation and operates under the appropriate guidelines.
The Hammond plant operation manufactures approximately 80MM pounds and $75-100M of specialty chemicals annually.
There are 45 skilled hourly employees plus QC, HR, EHS, engineering and management staff on-site. The Production Supervisor has approximately 29 hourly direct reports.
The Hammond, Indiana site is unionized and represented by the United Steel Workers Union
Education and Experience
- High school or general education degree (GED).
- At least five (5) years of industrial experience in a chemical plant or other related industry experience.
- Knowledgeable in the installation and repair of various types of process control and instrumentation.
- Able to read and follow system blue prints and P&ID drawings.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must pass a skills assessment test.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of electric codes.
- Able to read and create electrical and circuit diagrams.
- Able to read and accurately redline control wiring sheets and electrical ladder diagrams.
Work Skills and Abilities
- Must possess solid understanding of all aspects of electrical safety.
- Able to install and maintain electric wiring and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical and instrumentation failures and correct the problem.
- Bench test and field calibrate various field instrumentation, switches, and sensors.
- Set-up control valves and their positioners.
- Understand instrument and electrical manuals and effectively communicate with manufacturing representatives and vendors.
- Computer skills are a must with knowledge of CMMS, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience using (CMMS) Computerized Maintenance Management System (i.e. Tabware or similar).
- Able to follow detailed instruction with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail-orientated, with the ability to identify and correct errors.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Receive daily assignments from the Maintenance Manager and other members of the management team.
- Must be able to work extended hours, weekends as needed, to manage and direct projects, unexpected operational/equipment failures, scheduled operation shutdowns etc.
- The ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs such as climbing, lifting balancing, walking, standing, stooping, climbing stairs, handling of materials, etc.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS INCLUDING:
Medical, prescription, dental, bonus potential, up to 4% matching 401 (k), vacation, paid holidays, company paid life insurance. Salary will be commensurate based on union contract
NO PHONE CALLS TO EMPLOYER - NO RECRUITER CALLS – NO VISA SPONSORSHIPS
Dover Chemical CorpHammond, IN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.