DoveLewis is seeking a full-time Veterinary Surgery Technician to join our team.
As a Surgery Technician, you will be responsible for the coordination, direction, and organization of surgery preparation and assists surgeons with all aspects of surgeries and post-operative care through compliance with the surgeon's orders. On a daily basis, you will set up specialized surgical equipment for procedures, place catheters, induce and maintain anesthesia during surgery, monitor patient recovery and perform treatments on day cases and other miscellaneous technician duties. This position requires solid technical skills.
Because of our hospital's client-centered nature, this role requires your commitment to providing both patients and clients with the highest standard of care.
Your ability to handle stressful situations in a fast-paced environment with compassion, efficiency, and flexibility is key to success in this role. Required Qualifications:
- Current Veterinary Technician license in good standing to practice in Oregon required.
- AA or BA/BS degree from accredited veterinary technician program.
- Current VTS (ECC) certification preferred; anesthesia specialty highly desired.
- Minimum of five years of experience in critical care or emergency small animal care in private, non-profit, or educational organization.
- Any suitable combination of experience or education may substitute.
Our employees receive generous health benefits, a veterinary discount, premium pay for holidays worked, and accrued vacation time. DoveLewis is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen required.