Experienced Client Service Representative
- $20 to $22 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
DoveLewis Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Hospital is hiring full-time Experienced Client Service Representatives to join our Emergency Room front desk team. We are currently hiring for swing and overnight shifts.
As a Client Service Representative in our Emergency Room, you are the first point of contact for our clients and their pets. Your responsibilities will include welcoming clients and obtaining vital information from them, working with our medical teams to convey a triage plan, and being available to answer client questions, give updates, take payments and resolve any issues. This role involves strong customer service in a client facing capacity both in person and over the phone and email, as well as some administrative tasks and data entry. This position will also work to develop a rapport with clients while they are at DoveLewis to learn how to assist them in getting the best hospital experience possible, which can involve working with upset customers in emotionally charged situations.
Schedule: ER Client Service Representatives work 3/4 rotating schedules with 10 hour shifts. This means you have a consistent schedule that makes planning the rest of your life easy, and you get three or four days off in a row every week! If you have other schedule needs, please feel free to reach out and start a conversation, we're always happy to discuss options.
Wage: $19.95-$22/hour. Additional compensation for applicable shifts: 10% for overnight shifts, 10% for Saturdays, and 15% for Sundays.
Currently Hiring for Swing Shifts and Overnight shifts
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Demonstrated ability in working with a wide variety of clients in highly charged and emotional situations. Requires someone who can handle upset, grieving or angry customers with patience and inner calm.
- Minimum of one year of experience working in a fast-paced, in-person customer service capacity.
- Experience with veterinary or medical field is a big plus.
- Knowledge of and comfort using desktop computers and operating software such as MS Word and Excel. Must be comfortable learning veterinary software as well.
- Ability to type a minimum of 45WPM while maintaining a conversation with a client.
- Ability to successfully manage a multi-line phone system while also balancing in-person client interactions.
- Close attention to detail, a high level of accuracy, and ability multi-task in a busy environment while always maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently within a larger team dynamic.
- Ability to accurately handle cash transactions required.
- Any suitable combination of experience or education may substitute for the above.
What you can look forward to at DoveLewis:
- We live up to our mission of providing the best emergency, critical care and specialty care for our patients.
- As a non-profit with community-focused services your work makes a difference to the animal-loving community and to individual pet owners on a daily basis.
- Student debt repayment assistance (qualify in your first month).
- Equitable benefits, including $0 mental health copays, preventative care, LGBTQIA-friendly providers, and options for families.
- A generous employee discount; pay differentials for overnight, weekend and holiday shifts; and a typically set schedule with ample time for your life outside of work.
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, you MUST complete the online application and upload a resume. Resumes received without a completed online application will not be considered.
Our employees receive generous health benefits, a veterinary discount, premium pay for holidays worked, and accrued vacation time. DoveLewis is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screen for illegal substances and background screen required.
DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital
1945 NW Pettygrove StPortland, OR
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.