Dova is a pharmaceutical company focused on commercializing, developing and acquiring drug candidates for rare diseases in hematology where there is a high unmet need, with an initial focus on addressing thrombocytopenia. Dova’s lead drug product, Doptelet® (avatrombopag), indicated for the treatment of thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic liver disease scheduled to undergo a procedure, was US FDA approved in May 2018 and subsequently launched in the US commercial market in June 2018. In June 2019, the FDA granted Doptelet its second indication for treatment of thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) who have had an insufficient response to a previous treatment. Our ongoing development is focused on ensuring our efforts help as many as patients as possible.
Headquartered in Durham, NC, Dova continues to build its teams, resulting in our hiring needs. With a nimble approach and a team of bright minds aglow with passion, we’re dedicated to bringing brilliant medicine to market.
Dova is currently recruiting a Senior Territory Business Manager for the state of NM and part of Western TX to join our Southwestern USA Sales team while reporting to the Regional Sales Director. In this role, you will develop and execute a territory strategy that works collaboratively across a matrix organization to appropriately address customer needs and ensure that we deliver on our sales targets. In this role, you will develop deep customer insights, build and maintain strong professional relationships with Physicians (e.g. Blood Disorder Clinics and Specialists, Hematologists/Oncologists, etc.), Pharmacists, Nurses, office staff and other health care providers in the patient care continuum.
To be successful in this role, you should possess an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit while working strategically and operationally in equal measure.
- Responsible for representing Dova’s products & services to a customer base, generating / growing sales, and consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets within your geographic area in a professional, compliant, ethical, and effective manner.
- Application of effective selling techniques to create and expand product understanding as well as appropriate patient identification.
- Strong knowledge of disease states and therapeutic products.
- Demonstrate high degree of business acumen.
- Develop an understanding of the issues and opportunities unique to the territory.
- Support Key Opinion Leader [KOL] advocacy and execute a company-sponsored speaker program plan.
- Develop and foster strong relationships.
- Additional duties may be assigned, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years of professional experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- One year of professional experience selling specialty pharmaceutical products for Hematology, Hepatology, Oncology, and/or Rare/Orphan Disease treatment.
As this position requires operation of a vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: (1) at least 21 years of age; (2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and (3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.
- 3 years of experience working in Pharmaceutical Sales in a field-based manner (meeting with healthcare clients Face-to-Face).
- Proven track record of success in all respects of Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales (i.e. technical knowledge, selling techniques, interpreting/analyzing data, and an in-depth understanding of medical field as well as the pharmaceutical industry).
- Experience working with complex markets (e.g. Health Systems, Academic Centers, etc.), Specialty Pharmacy, and/or Hubs; experience working in the local area with an established local network in our target markets is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of the Managed Care, especially Medicare Part D for the Orals market, is a plus.
- Previous product launch experience in a highly competitive environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal / relationship-building skills, as well as influencing and negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to demonstrate strict compliance (both in your own behavior and the overall behavior of sales team) with a commercial compliance policy, as well as all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination.
- Above-average proficiency with basic technology tools (e.g. MS-Office, Veeva CRM, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, then please attach an updated copy of your resume (as a MS-Word or PDF file) while submitting your application.
Why Join Us?
With a deeply skilled management team directing our day-to-day wins, we’re ready to take on the world’s diseases, ailments, and adversity. Our people believe they have the power to make a positive impact in others’ lives because that’s exactly what we do here. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents in a way that makes the world a better, healthier place, then we just may have a great job for you!
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. We also offer a competitive benefits package to support the health and happiness of our staff.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Dova is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Dova are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Powered by JazzHR