The Interior Designer provides design services to include site/inventory verifications, programming, space planning, typical development, color boards, working/installation drawings, specification, and site-to-plan review. Works closely with dealership sales, order entry and project management, as well as clients to ensure accurate plans and specifications, conformance to client’s requirements, customer satisfaction, and high-quality project implementation.
This is a full-time position with at least 40+ hours of work to be completed in each work week. The work schedule for this position will be determined by the employee and their supervisor at the time of hire. Some non-scheduled (weekend or evening) time may be needed in order to complete projects and tasks and is considered part of the duties of this salaried position. Below is a listing of responsibilities that are associated with this position. These guidelines may or may not include all specific duties entailed with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide design services for multiple salespeople such as space planning, fabric and finish selections, proposal preparation, etc.
- Utilizes AutoCAD and CET to prepare 2D and 3D drawings for designing and planning.
- Prepares renderings in CAP Visual Impressions and CET.
- Creates product specifications of multiple furniture lines in Project Spec.
- Develops finished working drawings for specification and installation; validates plans against construction, electrical engineering, and A&D drawing sets.
- Does plotting, printing, color boards, etc. for client and dealership transmittals.
- Attends client planning and project kick-off meetings; presents plans and information to customer for review and approvals; obtains field measurements for large projects.
- Collaborates with other designers to ensure high-quality project implementation; provides second checks of other designer’s projects for accuracy and function; trains/mentors other designers.
- Coordinate regularly with Project Management and Client Services Departments.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Douron expects a superior work ethic and attention to detail with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Strong knowledge of interior design and current practices.
- Understands workplace environment issues (ergonomics, technology integration, teaming, alternative office, etc.).
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the dealership’s contract furniture lines, including features/benefits, pricing, application and assembly, specification options, nomenclature, etc.
- Working knowledge of applicable building codes, ADA regulations, National Electrical Code, etc.
- Understands contract furniture processes, including order preparation, project management, order management, and delivery/installation.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with sales staff and other team members.
- Must have demonstrated experience contributing to a team with changing demands and timelines.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, etc.).
- Experience with CAP, Project Spec, and CET preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or equivalent.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Worksites can be under construction and may not be climate controlled at time of installation.
Salary depends on skills and expertise.
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to submitting your resume, please copy and paste the following link into your browser to complete our 3-part test to apply which will take roughly 20-30 minutes.
Feel free to check out our website for more information on Douron. www.douron.com