Project Manager, Tenant Improvements
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The minimum requirements and competencies are as follows:
- 4 year Construction Management degree or equivalent (preferred)
- 5 + years of tenant improvement interior construction. High Rise office preferred.
- Project scheduling abilities, and scheduling software fluency.
- Job Costing understanding, proficiency and fluent with industry standard software programs.
- Design Build coordination of Mechanical Electrical Plumbing Fire and Life Safety trades.
- Managing of Client expectations, Property Management, Leasing Agents, and Design Professionals, while maintaining customer service satisfaction.
- Managing successfully a high number of projects simultaneously.
· Kick off- Take new projects, distribute authorization to proceed to subcontractors, coordinate/initiate project schedule, set up meetings between managers, tenants, superintendents, and architects, and conduct meetings
· Subcontractor- Perform project buy outs with subcontractors, negotiate contracts, verify lead time items/submittals, request, receive and review shop drawings, submittals, and submit to architect
· Plan changes- Oversee, distribute and communicate all plan/construction changes to subcontractors, including schedule changes to managers, tenants, and maintain log
· Estimates- Establish pricing changes/increases, gather, and organize necessary information to produce cost changes to the tenant/managers
· Change Orders- Process and distribute change orders to appropriate parties within the corporate office, tenants, and managers if needed
· Submittals- Oversee submittal distribution and communication
· Communication- Communicate with superintendents regarding the day-to-day operations and monitor projects until completion, subcontractor compliance issues, supplier delays, and project engineer. Document/distribution maintenance of incoming/outgoing information to correct destination. Create, manage, RFI process and logs
· Public Relations- Interface with architects, tenants, managers, and subcontractors maintain clear communication. Sustain communication with existing clients through maintenance and marketing
· Cash flow- Manage general conditions, tracking costs for work force hours and miscellaneous items on each project
· Meetings- Conduct construction meetings, keep accurate minutes and monitor for accurate data entry. Attend corporate Project Manager meetings and communicate information with EVP
· Job site- Visit job site to keep familiarized with project status, troubleshoot as necessary
· Close Out- Responsible to coordinate and follow up with superintendents on closing jobs, overseeing punch list final sign off, collection/distribution of job files to PE
The Company utilizes the same focused business strategy that was implemented by its founding principals - managing, developing, redeveloping, and acquiring multifamily and commercial real estate in high barrier-to-entry submarkets that exhibit strong economic characteristics such as population and job growth, as well as inherent supply constraints, such as limited developable land due to natural and political barriers. The Company strives to capitalize on the experience of its seasoned management team to create continued value.
AddressSanta Monica, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at Douglas Emmett
Get fresh Tenant Improvement jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.