- Maintain, operate and inspect building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, plumbing and electrical in keeping with industry practice, manufacturer recommendations and Engineering Standard Operating Procedures. Hands on application +50% of time.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date inventory of all equipment, tools and supplies applicable to the maintenance of the property.
- Obtain bids or proposals for equipment maintenance contracts, repair work and capital projects. Review submittals with Property Manager, and other personnel as necessary. Make recommendations for scope of work and contractor selection.
- Assist Property Manager in the preparation of annual budget, particularly in the areas of building systems, repair and maintenance, service contracts, utilities and capital projects.
- When applicable, assist in preparation of monthly variance reports.
- Special projects as directed by Property Manager.
- Research and make recommendations to Property Manager for more cost-effective and efficient methods of operating and maintaining building systems
- Respond quickly to building emergencies.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities. Indirect reports include Apprentice Engineer, Utility Engineer and Day Porter.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to Property Manager regarding the quality of work performed by contractors and vendors. Also review and approve maintenance and repair invoices for payment.
- Assist Property Manager in the hiring, mentoring and termination of engineering and janitorial staff.
- 5+ years of related experience in office building operations.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Basic computer skills, particularly with Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with City of Los Angeles Building & Safety Codes and South Coast Air Quality Management District Rules.
- Appropriate professional or vocation certifications to work on building systems including mechanical, HVAC, life/safety or electrical systems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
- Projects a professional image by meeting all dress code standards. Uniform to be provided.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and professional demeanor interacting with building management, tenants and vendors. Team player attitude.
**This is a condensed job summary. Full job description available.