Hawaii Real Estate Salesperson License is required for the Leasing Agent Position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include but are not limited to the following, as other duties may be assigned.
· Answer telephones and provide leasing information, make appointments to show apartments, take maintenance requests, etc. Any calls needing managerial information or assistance will be referred to the Manger or Assistant Manager.
· Greet prospects, determine their needs, have prospects fill out guest cards, photo copy guest’s drivers license prior to showing models or vacant apartments, answer questions regarding the community.
· Administer and follow the Fair Housing Laws and ask every guest if they would like to complete a rental application.
· Explain and check applications, collect deposits, verify application information. Upon verification of application, deposit and lease will be given to the Manager for approval. Applications should be verified within 24 hours.
· Compile reports from guest cards and submit to Manager on a daily basis. If the prospect leases, place guest cards into a permanent resident file.
· Send a thank you card to every qualified prospect that did not lease. Cards will be mailed within 24 hours of initial visit.
· Notify guest whose applications were not approved, by sending a form letter with bureaus to contact for answers.
· Prepare move-in information upon approval of leases. Review and explain information to resident (i.e., gate codes/cards, parking assignment, lease agreement, community policies and move-in inventory).
· Leasing agent must conduct a walk-thru, and complete the move-in inventory sheet prior to tenant move in.
· Inspect models and leasing office daily to ensure that each is spotless and representative of Douglas Emmett standards. Submit a description of location, condition and rental status to the Manager and Senior Leasing Agent. Any needed work will be reported to the Manger and the maintenance request submitted. Models must be opened every morning and secured every evening.
· Keep informed about other DE communities, referring the prospect when unable to assist them at your property.
· Maintain courteous communications with residents, applicants and representatives of other companies.
· Attend monthly/weekly leasing meetings, and provided seminars.
· Assist in follow-up on work orders.
-Hawaii Real Estate Salesperson License
· Conduct market surveys Hawaii of comparable properties in surrounding areas and keep marketing notebook of all competition.
· Assist with Outreach Marketing Program.
· Review all advertising and keep abreast of all rates, incentives and concessions at the community, as well as competitive communities. Any suggestions will be directed to the Manager and Senior Leasing Agent.
· Handle resident concerns in the absence of Resident Manger or Assistant Manager.
· Assist with the planning and execution of Resident Retention Programs and resident activities.
· Help to obtain maximum renewals of existing resident leases in accordance with Douglas Emmett renewal policies and procedures.
· High school diploma.
· Broad knowledge of Hawaii Tenant/Landlord law and Fair Housing laws.
· Prior experience with on-site computer software or a willingness to learn.
· Demonstrates initiative, professionalism, integrity, and exercises confidentiality of all areas of performance.
· Projects a professional image by meeting all DE dress code standards.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner with residents, employees and vendors.
· Good customer service skills.