- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TITLE: Chief Engineer
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
SCOPE AND PURPOSE:
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the physical appearance and maintenance of the office building and parking structure, ensuring that the property is being operated in accordance with the standards set forth. Must be able to perform the duties of other engineering and Day Porter positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include but are not limited to the following, as other duties may be assigned.
· Oversee the building mechanical functions.
· Develop and maintain an up-to-date inventory of all equipment, tools and supplies applicable to the maintenance of the property.
· Establish a preventative maintenance program for the property.
· Develop and maintain a list of all as-built plans for the property.
· Respond to service request from Tenants and Building Office Staff.
· Obtain bids or proposals for equipment maintenance contracts, repair work and capital projects. Review submittals with Property Manager, and other DEM personnel as necessary. Make recommendations for scope of work and contractor selection.
· Assist Property Manager in the preparation of annual budget, particularly in the areas of building systems, repair and maintenance, service contracts, utilities and capital projects.
· When applicable, assist Administrative Assistant in preparation of monthly variance reports.
· Maintain compliance with OSHA regulations, SCAQMD regulations and hazardous chemicals program.
· Special projects as directed by Property Manager.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and professional demeanor interacting with building management, tenants and vendors. Team player attitude.
· Research and make recommendations to Property Manager for more cost-effective
and efficient methods of operating and maintaining building systems
· Supervise other engineers and Day Porter in coordination with the Property Manager.
· Oversee, evaluate and make recommendations to Property Manager regarding the quality of work performed by contractors and vendors. Also review and approve maintenance and repair invoices for payment.
· Assist Property Manager in the hiring, counseling and termination of other engineers and day porter.
· Be willing to share your knowledge with fellow workers and other engineers.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Basic computer skills, particularly with Word and Excel.
· Familiarity with City of Los Angeles Building & Safety Codes and South Coast Air Quality Management District Rules.
· Appropriate professional or vocation certifications to work on building systems including mechanical, HVAC, life/safety or electrical systems.
· Projects a professional image by meeting all DE dress code standards. Uniform to be provided by DE.
· Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manger with tenants, building management and vendors.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and professional demeanor interacting with building management, tenants and vendors. Good customer service and management skills. Team player attitude.
. Must have a valid California driver's license. (May require picking up parts for a
· Requires frequent walking, standing, lifting, bending, reaching and twisting. Also requires ability to ascend stairs and ladders.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
May require certain areas of training or education by the employee for special building or Company needs.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDS UTILIZED IN THIS POSITION
The Company utilizes the same focused business strategy that was implemented by its founding principals - managing, developing, redeveloping, and acquiring multifamily and commercial real estate in high barrier-to-entry submarkets that exhibit strong economic characteristics such as population and job growth, as well as inherent supply constraints, such as limited developable land due to natural and political barriers. The Company strives to capitalize on the experience of its seasoned management team to create continued value.
Douglas Emmett operates approximately 18.2 million square feet of Class A office space and over 4,300 luxury apartment units in nine highly desirable submarkets in Los Angeles County, six of which are located in Los Angeles' Westside - Brentwood, Century City, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, the Olympic Corridor, and Westwood - and three submarkets in the San Fernando Valley - Sherman Oaks/Encino, Warner Center/Woodland Hills, and Burbank. The Company's Honolulu office portfolio is located in the downtown central business district with multifamily properties in nearby suburban communities. The Company utilizes the same focused business strategy that was implemented by its founding principals - managing, developing, redeveloping, and acquiring multifamily and commercial real estate in high barrier-to-entry submarkets that exhibit strong economic characteristics such as population and job growth, as well as inherent supply constraints, such as limited developable land due to natural and political barriers. The Company strives to capitalize on the experience of its seasoned management team to create continued value.
AddressLos Angeles, CA