Director Human Resources
- Posted: over a month ago
As part of the recruiting process, all applicants are requested to take a pre-employment assessment. Please click on the link below:
***$5,000 sign on bonus***
Directs and ensures the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources function to include recruiting, training, wage/benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements and the execution of employee relation activities, in order to provide each department with the personnel, guidance, and support necessary to achieve their customer service and business objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Direct and instruct the management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques using methods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and efficient employees. Conduct interviews for all management positions.
· Develop, implement and administer policies and programs related to the management of all hotel personnel to ensure the maintenance of a positive and productive employment environment. Monitor same for fair and consistent application.
· Ensure compliance with all State and Federal laws as well as regulations and court rulings which pertain to Human Resources by reviewing current management practices, implementing new procedures and communicating verbally and in writing any new requirements. Supervise EEOC program.
· Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals and/or computer systems.
· Review and appraise all personnel changes and paperwork for the merit and accuracy. Approve all required Human Resource forms such as Personnel Authorizations and Employment Requisitions.
· Maintains open channels of communications for all levels (line employees through General Manager) and monitors employee relations.
· Aids in establishing a positive relationship between all employees, supervisors, department heads & General Manager.
· Responsible for monthly Rallies, Annual Awards/Recognition, Annual Picnic and other events that need to be planned.
· Due to the nature of the business the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the General Manager.
· Hires the best people available from inside and outside the hotel. Hires for talent, diversity and balance of skills. Supports hotel’s interviewing tools to ensure hiring decisions are based on the candidate’s job-related talent, skills and competencies. Maintains succession planning.
· Develops, implements and maintains departmental orientation and training certification programs for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
· Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; implements and manages training initiatives and conducts training when appropriate; ensures self and direct reports have completed appropriate training classes.
· Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility. Ensures hotel’s policies are administered fairly and consistently. Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Employee Handbook.
· Ensures regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired business results. Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
· Monitor the employee performance appraisal programs to ensure reviews are timely. Read and analyze evaluations and goals to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and goals are measurable and achievable.
· Actively solicits feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems and concerns. Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably. Constantly strives to improve employee retention. Brings issues to the attention of General Manager as necessary.
· Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility. Maintains an on-going employee recognition program.
· Enlivens the Culture within the hotel.
· Attends different departmental stand-up meetings and communicates information to the staff in the absence of the General Manager.
This position might also be required to perform the following supportive functions.
· Supervise, coordinate and motivate the activities of the department staff.
· Monitor safety programs and Worker’s Compensation Benefits.
· Maintain all hotel personnel records and Human Resources files ensuring confidentiality where necessary.
· Ensures the prompt and proper submission of all corporate, divisional and governmental reports as required.
· Compose, type and distribute general Human Resources correspondence, such as those announcing policy revisions.
· Answer telephone inquiries.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager, including administering, posting, and tracking guest service scores.
· Maintaining employee bulletin boards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School diploma required. College degree preferred.
· Minimum of 4 years HR management experience.
· Full Service Hotel Experience Preferred .
· Requires proven managerial skill as position involves frequent decisions, meeting of deadline, negotiations of contracts of vendors, analytical ability and the planning, organization development and coordination of large scale work projects.
Knowledge and Skills
· Ability to deal effectively with all employees and employee representatives, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
· Thorough knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures as well as considerable knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters.
BusinessView all jobs at Doubletree Portland