Assistant Chief Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
1 | P a ge A s s i s t a nt C hi e f E ngi ne e r
Job Description ASSISTANT CHIEF ENGINEER
Job Title: ASSISTANT CHIEF ENGINEER
This position is responsible to assist in the management, planning, and execution of the daily activities associated with the Maintenance Department and for maintaining the guestrooms, public space, exteriors, restaurants, bars, and all back of house areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The position requires the ability to perform the following essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, positive, and secure environment for all guests and team members and for developing skill sets to improve daily operations and growth opportunities for all peers and team members.
- Acts as Safety Director and implements and/or participates in all Fire, Life, and Safety related training and programs required by applicable state and federal law.
- Represents the property in developing and maintaining new business relationships with key vendors and peers.
- Manage relationships with other THG and related properties and sales associates through the efficient use of property related data management systems.
- Assist Chief Engineer with interviews, training, supervising, counseling, disciplining and participate in the evaluation of maintenance staff team members for the efficient operation of the department.
- To maintain the guestrooms, public space and back of the house areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and masonry to ensure an attractive, safe and well‐maintained hotel.
- Assists Chief Engineer with schedules and directs staff in their work assignments.
- Responsible for ensuring that all departments comply with sanitation and safety standards for guests and team members.
- Responsible for ensuring that all tools and equipment are inventoried and maintained in working
- Visually inspects and takes corrective action to ensure that all public areas look appealing and attractive to guests.
- Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments.
- Communication devices such as a telephone, pager or radio are frequently used for such functions as communicating with other departments and maintenance staff within the hotel.
- Communicates often with businesses outside hotel to negotiate bids and maintenance contracts from contractors and/or construction supervisors to ensure timely completion and quality work.
- Oversees work orders to ensure that all repairs and maintenance programs are completed on a timely basis.
- Maintains strict control over all keys and applicable security aspects of the facility.
- Moves throughout facility to visually monitor and take corrective action to ensure quality and service standards are consistently met.
- Interacts with guests to obtain objective feedback regarding quality of service and experience.
- Investigates and resolves applicable guest complaints or concerns in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that all hotel team members maintain Fire, Life, and Safety compliance with all established policies and procedures as well as all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform periodic duties required by the Fire Department including: testing of smoke detectors; testing of elevator(s) recall; testing of automatic door closures; testing of fire alarm system; and conducting monthly fire drills.
- Inspect guestrooms, public space and back of the house areas to repair, touch up or replace light bulbs, lamps, switches, outlets, faucets, toilets, hardware, filters, paint, furniture, wall covering, caulking, grouting or other miscellaneous repairs.
- Detailed recordkeeping in English is required for logs and inspection sheets.
- Establish and ensure the execution of the hotel’s preventive maintenance program.
- Report major repairs and items which cannot be repaired to the General Manager for further action and if necessary, place a room out of order. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or matters of significance.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
HOURS AND ATTENDANCE
- Minimum of 40 hours per week with varied and flexible shifts/days, likely to include nights, weekends, holidays.
- Regular and predictable attendance in conformance with the Hotel’s standards, as may be established from time to time, is an essential job function. Team
DoubleTree by Hilton
AddressBillings Metropolitan Area, MT
EngineeringView all jobs at DoubleTree by Hilton
Get fresh M&E Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.