AM Public Houseperson- DoubleTree by Hilton Billings MT
- Expired: September 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
1 | P a ge H ou s e P e r s on
Job Description HOUSEPERSON
Job Title: HOUSEPERSON
This Position provides cleaning services such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, washing walls, windows and mirrors, etc. in designated areas of the hotel. When assigned to guestrooms, replaces linens, replenishes amenities and makes beds.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The position requires the ability to perform the following essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Greets guests and responds to special requests.
- Responds to guest concerns, complaints or suggestions appropriately, refers them to management in support of providing superior guest service.
- May gather waste and/or contaminated materials for disposal. Assigned areas of the hotel may include guestrooms, hallways, lobby, stairwells and offices.
- Maintains privacy and security by properly announcing entry and servicing guestrooms as appropriate.
- Cleans guestrooms to the level of standards set by the Hotel, including stripping of soiled items and trash, bed making, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting and replacing amenities and supplies.
- Properly uses and maintains assigned equipment and supplies to departmental specifications, including vacuums, chemicals and cleaning aides.
- Observes status and maintains common areas, including floor closets, stairwells, halls, lobby areas and elevators.
- Properly maintains the daily log, including accounting for completed tasks, tracking issued keys and reviewing the communications log and file on a routine basis.
- Properly handles lost and found items in accordance with department policies and security procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with
established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- At all times projects a favorable image of The Hotel Group to the public.
- Maintains safe working conditions within department and Hotel.
HOURS AND ATTENDANCE
- Up to 40 hours per week with varied and flexible shifts/days, likely to include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Regular and predictable attendance in conformance with the Hotel’s standards, as may be established from time to time, is an essential job function. Team members with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
MARGINAL OR SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS
In addition to performance of the essential function, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the requirements of the hotel.
- Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to safety/security personnel.
- Provide public assistance, instruction and/or guidance for guest and team member safety in fire or other emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS OF POSITION, INCLUDING ENVIRONMENT
The individual holding this position must be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge of the use of laundry chemicals and different formulas, as well as effects on various types of linen.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads, and stand for long periods of time.
- Requires lifting bundles of linen weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push and/or pull wheeled carts weighing up to 150 lbs.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as safety label and instructions.
- Multi‐Lingual a plus.
- Must exhibit positive interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs and varied business contacts.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety.
- Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue, but exposure or potential for exposure may occur.
2 | P a ge H ou s e P e r s on
3 | P a ge H ou s e P e r s on
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS
The individual holding this position must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to listen effectively and to speak English clearly to communicate with customers and team members.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well‐groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with the Hotel’s rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of Hotel facilities. Team Members who violate Hotel rules and regulations may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
This job description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to do this job successfully.
I have read and reviewed this job description with my immediate supervisor and fully understand the terms set forth:
TEAM MEMBER SIGNATURE DATE
DoubleTree by Hilton
AddressBillings Metropolitan Area, MT
HousekeepingView all jobs at DoubleTree by Hilton
Get fresh Part Time K&L jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.