Become a Delivery Associate Box Truck Driver with Double Z Distribution
***New Trucks - $16 an hour***
Double Z Distribution is an Amazon Delivery Service Partner that is owned and operated by a Nebraska native and 27 year Military veteran. We deliver packages and smiles to Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa every day. We are looking for dedicated individuals who are inspired and motivated to work smart and work hard in a team environment. As a delivery driver, you will be the face of our company and work with a partner to deliver items that may require team lifts. It will be your job to consistently exceed customer expectations by making sure all orders are delivered with a smile, on time, safely, and to the right location. Currently, we are looking to fill full-time driving positions in Omaha.
***Brand New 16 ft and 24 ft Amazon Branded Trucks, material handling equipment and distribution center make for an exciting opportunity in a fast paced, fun organization. Qualified Applicants are Encouraged to Apply ***
Delivery Driver Associate Responsibilities:
- As a team, load box trucks and deliver bulky items, by driving, climbing in and out of the vehicle, operating a hydraulic lift gate, walking upstairs and through driveways, and using various material handling equipment in all weather conditions to deliver items safely and on time
- Delivery Associates must have excellent customer service and driving skills and will operate vehicles between 10,001 and 26,000 lbs.
- Meticulously care for all company vehicles, equipment, and property by performing daily pre and post trip inspections and user level maintenance
- You can plan on working about 4-5 days a week (including weekends), in an 8-10 hour shift
- Follow strict safety standards on and off the road
- Solve problems independently using critical thinking skills
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Operate an electronic device for GPS, daily records, and variety of other applications
- You will interact with Amazon customers and the public in a professional and positive manner
Delivery Driver Requirements:
We provide on-the-job training so that all of our employees feel confident on the road and the doorsteps of customers. Our main priority is drivers that we can trust to drive safely and deliver on time.
- Be 25 years of age or older with the ability to read and speak English for safety
- Have a valid driver's license within the state of employment (a commercial driver's license (CDL) is not required
- Will be required to have a Department of Transportation (DOT) medical screen completed as part of the application process.
- Consent to pre-employment and random drug tests
- Be able to operate and navigate a 16 ft or 24 ft delivery truck (you do not need to provide your own vehicle)
- Be able to individually lift a maximum of 50 pounds and team lift heavier items during an 8 to 10-hour work shift
- Appropriately handle stressful driving demands including heavy traffic, narrow streets, and inclement weather conditions
- Demonstrate strong communication and team work skills
What is an Amazon delivery service partner?
Amazon has partnered with local Delivery Service Partners (DSPs), independent delivery organizations that help Amazon deliver thousands of packages to customers every day. As an employee of an Amazon delivery service partner (DSP), you will work directly for the DSP that operates out of a local Amazon delivery station