Experienced Tax Accountant
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Doty Pruett Wilson PC is seeking full-time Staff Accountant with 5+ years of experience in tax and accounting to join our growing tax practice. As a Staff Accountant will have the opportunity to join our talented team of tax professionals where you will have the ability to continually learn, develop, and grow professionally in your career while building strong working relationships with clients.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparation of federal and state business and individual tax returns. Ideal candidate needs to possess strong organization skills, attention to detail, self-starter, and be a team player.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepares individual (1040), partnership (1065), corporate (1120, 1120s), Non-Profits (990), and Estate & Trust (1041/706) tax returns of various complexities
- Collects and reviews client data, makes adjusting journal entries as necessary, and prepares financials statements to go with corresponding business return
- Manages multiple engagements concurrently to meet client deadlines
- Takes ownership of assignments and develops awareness of budget constraints and project realization
- Provides exceptional client service and have a desire to build and maintain effective client relationships
- Works closely with Senior Tax Managers, Principals, and Shareholders to ensure accurate completion of returns
- Works collaboratively with tax reviewers to ensure accurate completion of workpapers
- 5+ years of accounting and tax experience
- EA or CPA license
- Proficient with technology: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Familiar with QuickBooks and other write-up software a plus
- Familiar with CCH Access (full suite) and Engagement a plus
- Proficient in paperless environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Able to work 55+ hours during tax season and additional hours when necessary, during off season to meet internal or external deadlines
- Self-motivator and portrays a positive attitude
- Ability to work well with others
Portland or Salem --- Hybrid Working Options
One-week in house training provided (in Salem)
Paid holidays, paid vacation, paid medical leave (sick time), medical insurance (100% paid by DPW), Health Spending Account (75% funded with HAS medical insurance), short & long term disability insurance, life insurance, 401K match, paid parking, supplemental insurance opportunities (vision, dental, cancer, etc.), employee training and development/mentoring, payment for professional license, exempt employee comp time, bonus plan, eligible for discounted tuition in the MBA for professionals program at Willamette University
Conditions: waiting period may apply
Doty Pruett Wilson, PCSalem, OR
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.