Two Dots Unity Software Engineering Summer Intern
Dots New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now as a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences. We need a paid Unity Engineering Intern who can contribute to our Two Dots mobile game and join our diverse, multi-talented team. Our goal with this internship is to bring opportunities to people who are underrepresented in both gaming and tech.
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots , Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one's race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we've fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Who We're Looking For
- An energetic, curious, fast-learning intern who works well in a collaborative environment
- Someone able to work 4-5 days a week (your choice) during the 2021 summer semester
- Someone who's able to and open to the idea of coming into our NYC office when it's safe to do so
- Someone who's preferably in their 2nd-4th year of undergraduate studies, or who is a recent grad
- Some game engine experience
- Some display of programming work/projects/portfolio/code samples/coursework
- Playing and loving Two Dots is a plus
- Unity game engine and C# experience is a plus
- Source control experience is a plus (we use Git)
Things You Might Be Doing
- Game mechanic development—you might be working on the next Two Dots game mechanic!
- UI Polish—you might be working with visual designers to make changes to the look of UI elements and doing other visual polish improvements
- Developer and QA tools—you might be working on improvements to existing tools that will help our team make Two Dots, like the Level Editor and our developer console
What You'll Get Out Of This Internship
- a hands-on look into the inner workings of a medium-sized game studio
- experience collaborating closely with game artists, game designers, and game programmers
- a tangible contribution to a 5-year-old 'shipped' game to add to your resume
Benefits & Salary
As an intern here at Dots you'll have these benefits:
- $15/hour wage
- Monthly $20 stipend for game In App Purchases
- 401k contributions
- Regular company outings/Zoom parties for team building
- Active Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion groups at Dots and Take-Two
- Daily catered in-office lunches
- And more...
If this role sounds interesting to you, we'd love to learn more about you and your experience!
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Dots