CNC Machine Programmer $25 -$30 per hour
“Tomorrow’s Technology in Today’s Machine Tools”, is Dorian Tool’s vision and guiding principle.
The Dorian Tool Evolution began in 1982 with the introduction of the Quadra index Tool Post. The evolution continues strong with innovative and industry changing ideas that create tomorrow's technology by our inventive engineers.
We build the most technologically advanced Turning, Boring, Cutoff, Milling and many other new cutting tools. Whether manufacturing machining parts for automotive, aerospace, oil, defense or other industrial applications; large parts or small; no matter the size or complexity, the unmatched quality of Dorian Tool products turns machining into profit.
We service our global partners through warehouses and distributors in North and South America, Europe, Africa,
Asia and Australia.
We are expanding and are looking for great people to join us. Come out to East Bernard County (we’re only 25 minutes from Sugar Land/ Richmond-Rosenberg TX, against traffic) and avoid the Houston grind. We’re a “Best in Class” employer out here and proud to offer great career opportunities and benefits. Visit http://www.doriantool.com
Open Position: Mechanical Engineer/CNC Programmer
This full time, first shift position performs engineering duties in planning, developing and running programs on the applicable CNC machines to produce production parts in a climate controlled environment.
- Analyzes drawings, sketches and design data of part to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools and machine speeds and feed rates.
- Determines reference points and direction of machine cutting paths.
- Advanced troubleshooting of programs at the machines.
- Analyzes routings during programming stage and updates processes to guarantee CNC machine tools are used to their fullest capability. This must be done using creativity, vision and an organized plan for the future.
- Computes angular and linear dimensions, radii and curvatures, and outlines sequence of operations required to machine parts.
- Prepares geometric layout on graph paper or using computer-assisted drafting software to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths.
- Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Revises program to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
- Observes operation of machine on trial run to prove taped or programmed instructions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or 3 years Trade School or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years CNC programming on Mori Seiki, Makino and Doosan machines, Fanuc & Siemens controls a plus
- Gibbs CAM or MasterCAM Software required, AutoCAD
- Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing).
- Great pay and career path based on experience and initiative. Top pay for top performer
- Employer paid BCBS Health, Dental & Vision and generous 10% 401k matching.
- Company paid college tuition fund for children born while parent is employed here.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Must pass drug screen.
- Dorian Tool is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please apply online or in person 9 – 4pm at Dorian Tool, 615 CR 219, East Bernard, TX 77435
No phone calls please