Seeking Smile Makers - Photographers
At Dorian Studio, you will spend your days creating smiles, taking pictures, and working with diverse and talented people. Our family atmosphere has helped us become one of the fastest-growing school photography and yearbook companies in the west.
We are seeking friendly, caring, responsible, and creative individuals to join our team.
You don’t need to be a professional photographer to qualify! Apply today for our spring season.
Because we care like family, we are pleased to bring you the following:
- Industry-Leading Wages - Bring joy and happiness to others and get paid well for it - starting at $19 - $22 an hour
- Driving Benefit - Get paid mileage for your commutes to our accounts
- Be active, Be healthy - Spend your days being active and in new environments - no desks needed
- Love to learn - We have opportunities for advancement and training. Learn to take class groups, panoramics, sports, candids, and more.
- Mastery - As you become proficient in our various product lines, we will provide you semi-annual opportunities to demonstrate your knowledge. Successful demonstrations are rewarded with pay increases.
- Loyalty - Each year you come back we will reward you with an increase to your base pay
- Opportunities to travel - We have 10 exciting locations in the west to explore. Take pictures during the day and spend your evening exploring the sites.
As a school photographer, you should be personable, creative, and have the ability to interact in a positive manner with both school-age children and adults. We need you to possess the ability to operate effectively both independently and as part of a team. Photographic experience is a plus but not required.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing wonderful customer service to school administration, staff, parents, and students
- Transporting and setting up the computer and camera equipment on-site at schools
- Taking quality portraits
- Completing the end of day paperwork with great attention to detail
- Communicating effectively and timely with all team members
- Having fun and creating smiles
Specific qualifications for the school photographer position include:
- Experience: At least 2 years providing great customer service
- Skills: You must enjoy working, talking to, and helping people smile. You need high attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. You should be comfortable with setting up a computer, printer, and accessories.
- Characteristics: You should be self-reliant and a self-starter. Most days you work as a team but also independently. You also need a willingness to work early mornings
- Clear Past: All employment with Dorian Studio is contingent upon the successful results of a criminal background check and a state driving record. A valid driver's license as well as reliable, insured transportation is required.
Bonus Qualifications include:
- Bilingual Spanish speaking is a PLUS
To apply for a position with Dorian, please send a resume with a personal cover letter explaining how you meet the criteria above.
*Qualified individuals will be notified via email.
*Selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview.
About Dorian Studio
Since 1914, Dorian has continued to evolve. Growing from a small boutique senior photography company to an innovative imaging leader. Our multi-talented team has created an environment that has allowed us to prosper through changing economies, the evolution of digital, and even a massive fire.
Why Work Here?Since 1914, Dorian has continued to evolve. Growing from a small boutique senior photography company to an innovative imaging leader. Our multi-talented team has created an environment that has allowed us to prosper through changing economies, the evolution of digital, and even a massive fire.
Family owned business with consistent 8-10% growth for over ten years! This is a fun and positive environment.
Alameda County, CA