Do you have a passion for photography?
Do you like the idea of working with children and capturing memories that will last a lifetime? As one of the oldest family-owned school photography businesses in America, Dorian Studio has an exciting opportunity you’re not going to want to miss! We are seeking friendly, responsible, and creative individuals with reliable transportation to join our talented team as a photographer for school day portraits, sports, and activities.
In this role, you will set up in a new school each day and take high-quality student portraits. We all remember picture day from when we were children, and this is your chance to earn income by making memories! You don’t need to be a professional photographer to qualify! We will train you on everything you need to know about taking beautiful portraits while delivering a delightful experience for students and teachers alike. You bring your high energy, outgoing, and customer-focused personality, and we’ll show you the rest.
Dorian photographs throughout the Seattle metropolitan area and is specifically looking for photographers to work in in the Puyallup and Sumner areas. We work hard to keep employees working in the area where they live to reduce travel time.
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive hourly wage starting at $22.00 - $25.00 an hour
- Seasonal schedule flexibility
- Holidays off
- Comprehensive paid photography training
- Potential opportunities for advancement and training for other photography programs
- Cutting-edge digital photographic equipment with a complete mobile studio
- Opportunities to travel
This is what we ask of you:
As a school photographer, you should be personable and creative, possess the ability to work with minimal supervision, and be able to operate effectively both independently and as part of a team. It is also important you demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills along with the ability to interact in a positive manner with both school-age children and adults. Photographic experience is a plus but not required as we offer comprehensive training.
- Provide wonderful customer service to school administration, staff, parents, and students
- Transport and set up computer and camera equipment on-site at schools
- Take quality portraits
- Complete end of day paperwork with great attention to detail
- Communicate effectively and timely with all team members
Specific qualifications for the school photographer position include:
- The ability to positively interact with both school-age children and adults
- Ability to present a positive and professional image
- Willingness to work a varied seasonal schedule, including early mornings
- Computer literate
- High attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Valid driver’s license as well as reliable, insured transportation
Bonus Qualifications include:
- Photoshop and Lightroom experience
- Customer support
- Bilingual Spanish speaking is a PLUS
To apply for a position with Dorian, please send a resume with a personal cover letter explaining how you meet the criteria above.
* Qualified individuals will be notified via email.
* Selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview.
Employment with Dorian Studio is contingent upon successful results of a criminal background check and state driver's license record