Doosan Fuel Cell America Inc South Windsor, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Assess production requirements and determine/ assign the most efficient Supervision of assigned hourly employees in assigned manufacturing area(s). May include but not be limited to production, machining, and assembly & test. Requires the planning and allocation of resources, materials, and scheduling of equipment and staff for maximum utilization of production, facilities, and personnel. Lead, motivate, and develop employees to achieve manufacturing performance targets and elevate employee engagement and effective sequence of operations and work flow to achieve schedule and cost targets. Accountable for quality, cost controls, staffing, and operational results. Responsible for effective leadership of all direct reports, and support of team work across the group(s). Support daily Production Meetings, schedule and assign staff, and lead, motivate, and develop employees. This position reports to the Production Manager.
The following shifts are available for this position:
2nd Shift - 2pm - 10:30pm M-F
B Nights - 6pm - 6:30pm
Role & Responsibility
- Direct, manage and optimize the group’s activities in assigned area(s) and shift.
- Align resources and assign work to meet production/test targets.
- Track and analyze productivity and related metrics. Act upon those results (as directed, if appropriate).
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained on schedule to minimize downtime and associated costs.
- Understand and convey departmental priorities with the proper sense of urgency, importance and follow-up.
- Acknowledge positive performance and confront less-than-acceptable performance (with counsel as appropriate) to elevate and encourage overall superior individual and team performance.
- Maintain the workflow by monitoring steps of the processes, observing control points and equipment performance, monitoring personnel and resources, and facilitating corrections to errors/malfunctions.
- Empower others to achieve desired results and holds them accountable.
- Engage in mentor/mentee relationships to support development of staff.
- AA/AS with 5-10+ years of experience
- BA/BS degree with 2-4+ years of experience
- MA/MS degree with 0-2+ years of experience
Knowledge & Skill
- Ability to effectively lead complex/technical manufacturing unit or department.
- Recognized leadership and supervisory skills
- Financial acumen and cost focus
- Experienced and skilled with use of quality improvement tools and concepts, with focus on innovation, continuous improvement and root cause/corrective action.
- Comfortable using IT tools such as Microsoft Office and other software manufacturing-focused tools.
- Metrics understanding, use and assessment to analyze productivity and other essential business measures.
- Experience leading an hourly production and test workforce.
- Experience with ERP and quality systems
All personal information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Questions can be addressed through the HR department at (860) 727-2099.
Doosan Fuel Cell America Inc
Doosan Fuel Cell America is committed to building a cleaner, energy independent tomorrow through innovative fuel cell solutions, services, and strategic partnerships.
195 Governors Highway South WindsorSouth Windsor, CT