Senior Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline and Safehouse Coordinator
- Expired: October 25, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Organization:Doorways,is an Arlington-based non-profit agency helping individuals and families create pathways out of homelessness, domestic violence and sexual assault leading to safe, stable and empowered lives. We envision a community where all people live free of violence and have safe and stable housing regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, age, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, abilities, language, or national origin. We see a future without homelessness or domestic and sexual violence.
Doorways began in 1978 when a group of concerned community members saw there was no safe place in Arlington for families in crisis. What began then with one shelter and one response has grown into a series of pathways individually tailored for adults, youth, and children seeking safety and shelter. From immediate crisis intervention to counseling, housing, mental health, and employment support, we offer real options and multiple pathways for people of all ages and genders-women, men, youth, and LGBTQIA+ people.
Program Summary:The Doorways' Domestic and Sexual Violence (DSV) Program is comprised of multiple areas that are designed to support survivors, from crisis to ongoing support and stability in the community. Through our DSV program, we provide a spectrum of trauma informed, survivor-centered, lifesaving, supportive and educational services to help survivors of all ages learn about their options, increase their safety, and live a life free of violence. These wraparound services enable individuals and families to obtain safety, stability, and self-sufficiency so that they can progress to the next phase of their life.
The 24/7 Crisis response:The 24/7 Domestic and Sexual Violence hotline provides crisis response, safety planning, information and referral, and emotional support to survivors, friends and loved ones in Arlington County. Through the hotline, the 24/7 Hospital Accompaniment and Response Program (HARP) deploys advocates to accompany survivors seeking a forensic exam following a sexual assault or a domestic violence incident. The DSV program also operates the Safehouse, the only domestic violence shelter in Arlington County. The shelter is comprised by an 11-bed facility, a safe kennel, and a series of safe apartments, scattered in confidential locations throughout the community, providing a safe, temporary home to those who are escaping imminent danger and wraparound services to adults and children, including safety planning, housing-based case management, emotional support, referrals to other programs in the community, and other needs specifically identified by each household.
In our DSV program, all are welcome, including women, men, and those who identify as LGBTQIA+.
The Senior Hotline and Safehouse Coordinator (SHSC) manages and oversees Doorways' 24-hour Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline and daily shelter operations of our Safehouse facilities, providing direct services to survivors of domestic and sexual violence and their children. The Senior Hotline and Safehouse Coordinator will directly support and oversee the Home Coordinator Team, comprised of a daytime, evening, overnight, and weekend Home Coordinator along with part time/on call staff and volunteers. The SHSC will create and manage the monthly coverage schedule. The position's work schedule requires flexibility and presence in shelter every day, Monday through Friday during times of high demand; typically, a workday would be during from 10am-6pm or 11am to 7pm depending on the hotline and program requirements. The SHSC is a full-time position eligible for overtime, and requires on-call availability including evening, weekends, and holidays. It is considered "essential" personnel in times of hardship, such as extreme weather conditions and/or other emergencies. This position reports to the Director of Domestic and Sexual Violence Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Duties (Service Delivery)
- In partnership with the Volunteer Resources Specialist, create and monitor the schedule to ensure 24/7/365 coverage for the Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline and Safehouse. Provide emergency backup staffing, to include weekends and holidays, on a rotating basis with other team members.
- Answer calls to the Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline, screening for individual needs, conducting safety assessments and safety planning, providing crisis intervention, and linking to community resources and referrals.
- Complete new client admission/intake process for all Safehouse admissions during shift. Perform program departure procedures with all shelter residents upon exit from the program.
- Ensure the safety and security of the shelter and shelter residents, completing regular walk-throughs and ensuring the shelter is not left unattended, including remaining onsite until relieved by a staff or volunteer.
- Provide in person support to shelter residents and document pertinent information.
- Facilitate communication between team members and clients to ensure effective case management and client support in a trauma-informed approach. Encourage clients to adhere to community living guidelines and maintaining a clean communal living space by prompting them to complete daily chores and clean-up after meals.
- Adhere to Doorways' confidentiality policy by maintaining current and former clients' confidentiality to ensure safety and respect.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with all shelter residents, volunteers and staff.
- Abide by mandated reporter laws by reporting any suspected child abuse or neglect to supervisor or on-call supervisor immediately.
- Coordinate weekly meetings with shelter residents and Safehouse Home Coordinators to ensure that supports are in place and community guidelines are discussed and supported.
- Ensure basic and contractual client needs are met (e.g. provision of food, emergency transportation assistance, basic care items, safe facility) in accordance to program policy and agency budget and resources.
- Coordinate and complete regular documentation and data entry of hotline calls and client interactions using various databases and internal notes and logs.
- Ensure surveys are distributed to clients and submitted to relevant stakeholders quarterly.
- Ensure completion and documentation of mock fire drills.
- Monitor all Safehouse Facilities for maintenance needs and work collaboratively with the Facilities and Operations team for household and repair needs. Perform routine light duty maintenance of the facilities as needed.
Supervisory and Administrative Duties:
- Provide consistent reflective supervision, coaching, and support to Home Coordinators and part time staff.
- Approve timesheets of direct reports and conduct performance reviews per Doorways' personnel policies.
- Provide ongoing training and support to Home Coordinators, part time staff, on-call staff, and volunteers on hotline response, shelter coverage, and standard of operating procedures of the Hotline and Safehouse Programs in accordance with agency policies and protocols. In collaboration with other Doorways leadership team, facilitate in service trainings, Including facilitating core and on the job training efforts.
- Conduct quality assurance and develop corrective action plans as needed to ensure quality of services and data entry for hotline calls is accurately entered into electronic database systems.
- Ensure the timely and correct submission of all internal reports in accordance with contract and Doorways requirements.
- Provide updates and support regarding complex hotline callers and/or residents to on-call supervisory staff and/or Program Director.
- In partnership with Human Resources and DSV program director, participate in recruitment, hiring, and training and orientation of new program staff.
- Collaborate closely with the Volunteer Resource Specialist providing updates on performance of volunteers and support them in areas of growth and learning.
- Work collaboratively with staff across Doorways' programs to support client needs and foster agency cohesion.
- Demonstrate alignment with Doorways' core values and mission.
- Facilitate and attend trainings and meetings, as required.
- Maintain current industry knowledge and best practices.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
- Bachelor's degree in human services field or at least 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of Intimate Partner Violence, gender-based violence, domestic violence, and/or sexual assault and homelessness.
- Experience working on a 24/7 program or residential setting preferred.
- Must demonstrate an acceptance and respect for cultural diversity in all its forms, including race, ethnicity, sexual and gender identities, abilities, and religious backgrounds and an ability to work collaboratively in an ethnically, linguistically, and culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain a positive team environment. Coach, support, and lead in a crisis-driven, fast-paced environment of staff and volunteers.
- Fluency in Spanish or another language commonly spoken among program clients highly preferred.
- Flexible and a self-starter, with demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment, mitigate risk, and make sound decisions.
- Excellent people skills with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, navigating technologies such as electronic database and case management systems (e.g. VADATA, ETO), email and internet platforms.
- Must be located in the DMV area.
- $57,000 - $60,000 commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits - health/dental/vision, life, LTD, 403(b), etc.
Doorways for Women and Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+ candidates, and people of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Doorways is committed to a diverse workplace and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.Seewww.doorwaysva.orgfor more info.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
HealthcareView all jobs at Doorways
Get fresh Domestic Agency jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.