The Auto Glass Technician trainee will be trained in a three month program to graduate to an auto glass technician. Candidates will start in a general role and be placed with a primary trainer to complete the program when available and needed. Upon graduation, the trainee becomes a probationary technician. Probationary technicians are expected to be moved to full status at six months total from start of training program; based on production, skill and quality.
· Frequent customer interaction
· Problem solving and troubleshooting as necessary
· Perform quality In-Shop and Mobile auto glass replacements/repairs, to company specifications
· Examine windshields or any auto-related parts for defects (prior to installations)
· Operate standard mechanical, power and non-power tools
· Performing general physical activities requiring considerable use of arms and legs and moving your whole body.
· Use chemicals and adhesive systems as instructed to facilitate installation
· Select appropriate tools, safety equipment, and parts, according to job requirements
· Maintain daily installation schedules
· Team environment orientated
· Operating and maintaining a company vehicle
· Other duties as assigned
· Mechanically Inclined
· Saturday Schedules
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent customer service potential
· Strong communication skills
· Must be able to adapt to a fast paced environment
· Ability to read a map
· Lift up to 50 lbs.
· Sense of urgency / fast moving
· Computer skills that correspond to position needs
· Clean DMV
· Non-smoking environment
· Medical Insurance
· Dental/Vision Insurance
· Group Life and AD&D Insurance
· Paid Holiday
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Sick Leave
· Continued training and certifications
Dons Mobile Glass
Why Work Here?Don's Mobile Glass has 4 stores throughout the Central Valley including Modesto, Manteca, Turlock, and Merced. We are experts in automotive glass installation and repair, residential glass and commercial. We provide extensive training to those that want to learn the trade. We are customer oriented and enjoy giving back to the community. Established in 1960, we are a stable organization with many opportunities to advance.
Don's is a stable, family owned & operated company with roots in the Central Valley since 1960. Training & advancement opportunities.