WHO WE ARE:
Donatos mission is to promote goodwill through our products and service, principles and people. In order to grow this mission, it is important to achieve our business goals through our growth. Success is achieved by all of us, pulling in the same direction and by exhibiting behaviors that generate positive results.
OUR SUCCESS BEHAVIORS:
Is a “People First” Leader: Releases and shares power; listens carefully to others and welcomes input from all levels, invests time and energy developing others' potential; promotes empathy and tolerance; recognizes when morale is low and demonstrates concern for associate’s personal well-being; Is transparent and honest and models the behavior expected from others; follows through on promises. Freely admits mistakes, encourages a spirit of cooperation and inspires organizational commitment; articulates a clear vision of the future; looks for new ways to simplify jobs. Serves and inspires others to lead through service.
Opportunity Seeking: Symbolized by the passion we feel in our heart, this is the entrepreneurial spirit that drives us to find opportunities, create excitement, build enthusiasm, act like an owner and accomplish tasks.
Disciplined: Symbolized by focused clarity we have in our head, this is the logical, strategic, fact based approach to doing business that focuses all of our passionate enthusiasm toward the activities that will make a difference.
Live: A balanced, healthy lifestyle brings you personal power and energy to achieve your dreams.
Love: A clear focus on your values keeps you rooted in what’s important.
Laugh: Understanding and connecting with others builds strong relationships, fun and creativity.
Learn: There is always a better way…. learn, grow, stretch – keep moving forward.
Trust, Integrity, Accountability, Consistency, Hospitality, Creativity, Community Engagement, Leadership, Fairness, Family, Humility
The General Manager is responsible for People Development, Operations Excellence, Sales Growth, Profit Growth and our Customer’s experience (Hospitality). The role of the General Manager is to develop people and build prosperity. The General Manager is the leader in the restaurant, acting as a coach, and providing a restaurant environment that is focused on integrity, honesty and pride. The General Manager provides resources, training and development, and utilizes a systematic and principle-centered management approach to maximize restaurant-operating results, to fulfill the Mission, Vision and Promise. Effective performance for the General Manager is a balance of combined results, utilizing Gold Standard measurements.
* Empowers and allows restaurant associates to make decisions and resolve customer concerns in a way that fully satisfies our customer.
* Knows our customer, is customer engaging, regularly spends time building relationships with our customer.
* Identifies and removes service barriers; ensures the team delivers all elements of Donatos Hospitality / Service Behaviors.
* Is a People Builder, coaching and developing associates to achieve restaurant and personal development goals.
* Provides a People First work environment / service atmosphere by treating Associates as respected guests.
* Demonstrates and enforces operating norms such as uniform policies, timeliness, safety procedures, etc.
* Is a problem resolver, remains calm when handling guest complaints and follows correct steps.
* Ensures operations excellence through proper hiring, training and accountability.
* Models performance standards in all zones; primary responsibility is to direct and coach, secondary responsibility is to assist.
* Ensures staffing levels are optimal during all volume periods; acts in a timely and decisive manner to adjust staffing for business volume changes.
* Effectively controls cash and assets and ensures adherence to cash handling policies.
* Engages the local community; builds strong relationships that result in partnerships within the community, win-win opportunities and sales growth.
* Assumes accountability for P & L results; controls food cost components of waste, prep, weights, portioning, on hand amounts (food orders /build to / inventory management) and theft during shifts.
* Completes assigned shift paperwork; opens and/or closes the restaurant with proper administrative procedures.
* Ensures product quality meets Donatos standards and guest expectations.
* Properly executes, enforces and manages food safety and sanitation requirements; seeks out and eliminates potential food safety violations and unsafe practices or conditions.
* Assists associates in career development through the Succession Pathway; ensures the Restaurant Management Team completes training required for promotion to the next level.
* Communicates performance standards and expectations to all team members and provides ongoing feedback on progress toward objectives and results.
* Ensures new Associates receive proper training and understand their roles in fulfilling the Mission, Vision and Promise.
* Conducts Meetings such as product rollout, benefits, new restaurant opening, operating systems, etc.
* Promotes and maintains a Family environment that promotes high, positive energy, encourages learning and offers career development.
The following education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA’s) are required to perform in this role:
Must be available to attend an 8 week training course in Columbus, Ohio
* High School diploma or equivalent. Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* Level 2 ServSafe certification
* Internal Candidates must complete required training and development activities within Donatos Training Roadmap, demonstrate ability to impact PFE, SVR and SE
* Must attend 8 week training in Columbus (Expenses Paid)
* 1 year in similar role for external candidates preferred
* Must be available to work during peak revenue periods, including opening and closing the restaurant
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities (KSA’s):
* Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
* Caring About Direct Reports - Is interested in the work and non-work lives of direct reports; asks about their plans, problems, and desires; knows about their concerns and questions; is available for listening to personal problems; monitors workloads and appreciates extra effort.
* Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Ethics and Values - Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
* Hiring and Staffing - Has a nose for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staffs.
* Integrity and Trust - Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
* Listening - Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
* Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
* Drive For Results -Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Building Effective Teams - Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
* Must be able to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of this position, meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
* Able to lift up to 50 pounds.