- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you looking to relocate? Are you an Engineer seeking access to a variety of forensic investigation projects, work from home, and a network of 300 Professional Engineers? Are you looking to invest in your professional development and career growth?
Donan has the position for you! We are looking for a full-time Civil Structural Engineer in multiple areas with a Professional Engineer License to work remotely with us.
Donan Civil Structural Engineers travel in their assigned region to perform on-site investigations and deliver a written report of findings and conclusions. Donan engineers consistently ensure the forensic investigations conform to our quality of standards by following the scientific method.
Civil Structural Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide expert forensic analysis to clients on an array of multi-disciplined engineering projects, with an unbiased and honest conclusion.
- Write a technical report providing detailed and accurate information on completed projects.
- Consistently communicate, document your communication, with clients to provide timelines and updates.
- Providing expert testimony and/or depositions as needed on projects in which they have been assigned.
- Must be willing to work additional hours during period of peak business demand as deemed necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service to company internal and external customers.
- Proactively pursue additional training, mentoring opportunities, licenses, education, and/or certifications (cost covered by Donan).
- Required to travel up to 50% of the time for out of your assigned work area of hire to conduct projects and investigations. Daily and overnight in region travel is also required for facilitating investigations.
Qualified candidates for the Civil Structural Engineer position should have the following:
- Registered as an active Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state applied.
- Have an active NCEES record (Or be eligible to obtain within six months of employment).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or related engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical)
- Two-three years of experience in failure analysis, knowledge of residential and/or commercial construction, building codes, and design is highly preferred.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license, with an acceptable driving record.
- Required to have strong technical writing abilities with experience using Microsoft Word.
- Proficient with general computer skills (Microsoft Calendar, Outlook, PPT, etc.).
- Must have superior customer service skills, be team oriented and enjoy service-oriented work.
- Must be able to work efficiently with periods of minimal supervision due to remote (home office) setting.
- Must have access to home high-speed internet service and reliable cellular reception.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Required to meet all standards for pre-employment physical examination.
Civil Structural Engineer Physical Requirements:
- Frequently required to stand on one’s feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move objects weighing 50-100 lbs.
- Frequently required to climb onto first and second story roofs, ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
- Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Work from Home (Remote)
- Flexible Schedule
- Compensatory Paid Time
- HSA and HRA (Employer contributions)
- Supplemental Coverage
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing Bonus (10% of Annual Salary)
- Company Vehicle provided
- Laptop, cell phone, and all equipment provided
- Company issued credit card
- License and Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional development and external training
- Robust Rewards and Recognition Program
- Philanthropy Program
Internal Title: Forensic Engineer
To view our current openings and locations, visit our website at www.Donan.com.
Donan is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an E-Verify participating employer.
DonanWhy Work Here?
Donan is a business that cares for its employees. We value innovation, respect and care for our clients, drive, and working together.
At Donan, we’re better together and that means our employees lift each other up every day. We encourage innovation and growth from engineers in the field to customer service specialists, and everyone in between. Fun and integrity go hand in hand in our business, and we wouldn’t have it any other way! Join the Donan team.
AddressNew York, NY
ConstructionView all jobs at Donan