Domino's Supply Chain Center in Edison, NJ is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician/Mechanic. The Maintenance Technician position requires one to have the technical skills to design, evaluate, troubleshoot, repair and install Bakery equipment. Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and Computer Controls are skills needed to perform this function. This team member performs the maintenance of a distribution manufacturing facility including preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, installation of machinery relating to bakery food processing equipment, physical structures, mechanical and electrical systems. In addition, they must possess an awareness and understanding of how to work safely on mechanical and electrical equipment in a production environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(30%) Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair and install machinery and equipment
- Monitor equipment to detect malfunctions
- Discuss machine operation variations with a supervisor or other team members to diagnose problems and repair machines
- Install, repair or replace electrical devices such as transformers, relays, circuit breakers, starters, safety, and limit switches
- Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Install, program and troubleshoot automated machinery and Programmable Logic Controllers
- Install, troubleshoot and repair refrigeration and Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment
- Service and repair material handling equipment
- Monitor the main electrical panel and troubleshoot as necessary
- Repair and maintain boilers, water heaters, water conditioning equipment, and all water distribution systems
(20%) Follow established preventative maintenance guidelines
- Coordinate with other departments to schedule maintenance for machines \
- Perform all necessary maintenance and update logs as necessary
- Report major problems to supervisor
(20%) Maintain building through painting, repairing minor structural problems, and other repairs as necessary
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment
- General maintenance repairs of office and building
(20%) Ensure proper adherence to all safety and government guidelines
- Identify safety issues with machines; document issues; develop an action plan to resolve concern; follow-up to ensure problems are resolved
- Monitor machines to ensure all levels are within EPA, OSHA, and other government guidelines; develop an action plan to resolve issues & follow-up to ensure problems are resolved
(10%) Miscellaneous duties
- Assist in the control and scheduling of projects
- Monitor inventory and order parts as necessary
- Monitor energy usage and provide recommendations on better usage
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proactive and self-motivated, have the ability to evaluate and repair all types of mechanical and electrical equipment and is able to perform under extreme stress when there is equipment failure.
- HS Diploma, and/or Technical School Training two years, and/or 3 to 4 years related experience, and/or licensed journeyman of a skilled trade.
- Basic level computer skills for word processing and spreadsheets
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, mechanical and electrical schematic diagrams
- Effectively present information to peers, upper management and team members in oral and written form
- Define problems and draw conclusions
- Interpret technical instructions and diagrams
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
- EPA REFRIGERATION CERTIFICATION (Type II or Universal) Federal requirement – Team Leader or Maintenance Tech Servicing or Handling Refrigeration equipment (can be obtained after employment)
- The work environment is representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The team member is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, explosion, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be high. The team member must have a strong safety awareness to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
Other Skills and Abilities*
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to be on-call
- Ability to work well under pressure
What We Offer
Our employees are eligible to enroll in benefits on their first day of employment including health care, dental, vision insurance, short term disability, life insurance and are allowed 2 weeks of paid time off per year. Our company offers opportunities for advancement, career development, an excellent 401K program (company match at 5%), parental leave, tuition reimbursement and a fun culture of engaging company events and reward and recognition programs.
Want to join in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 25 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2014 alone, these centers made 571,000 deliveries.