Domino is a team of designers, developers, marketers and strategists who truly geek out over solving business problems. People seem to like working with us and it’s got our plate pretty full. We’re looking for a Senior UX/UI designer to join, hustle and help us grow our team. Interested in utilizing your skills to build cool stuff with good people? Keep reading...
Domino was originally launched by a couple of serial entrepreneurs as a start-up incubator in 2014. After two years, investment in half of a dozen companies and moderate success, we decided to shift gears into a model that would give us the freedom and opportunity to work with a far greater number of businesses and business owners.
As an agency, we focus on uncovering and solving business problems rather than simply responding to client requests with a menu of available services. From websites and applications to branding, identity, packaging design or go-to-market strategies, Domino works directly with business owners and operators to help drive value and tangible results.
Our clients range from seed-stage startups to publicly traded, legacy brands across any and all verticals and industries.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior UX/UI designer role will join, collaborate and lead the existing Domino creative team in creating and executing strategies and solutions across all client projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing, implementing and contributing to a company design system
- Conduct user research and design engaging experiences for Desktop, Web and Mobile
- Passionately advocate for the user and evangelize the importance of user feedback and data-driven decision making
- Lead the entire product design lifecycle - including conducting user research, concepting, wireframing, and detailed visual design
- Build fully-functional design prototypes
- Present design solutions to customers, stakeholders and executives
- Incorporate feedback into the design process
- Implement flows, wireframes and interaction models that use UX best practices for both desktop and mobile environments
- Collaborate across several teams, including but not limited to design, engineering and project management
- Navigate the complexity of larger scale projects, from tiny interaction details to the larger product vision and customer experience as a whole
- Create and deliver assets to developers and work tirelessly to ensure the design is being implemented to a high standard
- Mentor and coach junior designers
- Assist in new business pitches through design assets and creative strategy
- Participates in internal PMO programs including project retrospectives and internal process initiatives
- Documenting hours and work progress within internal tracking systems
- Strong passion for design and design thinking
- 5+ years experience as a key, hands-on designer of a UX/UI team that successfully created and launched web, mobile and/or software applications
- Degree in graphic design, interaction design, HCI or equivalent experience
- An ability to give and receive feedback directed toward evolving design quality
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate your ideas clear and succinctly
- A compelling design portfolio with examples of digital design and information visualization
- Strong information visualization skills are a plus
- Expert level proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, InVision, etc.
- Motion and/or animation design skills a plus
- Strong writing/copy skills a plus