Wellness Director/Director of Nursing
- Expired: October 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Dominion Difference!
Want to be a part of a team whose calling and purpose is to honor God through service to seniors? Our unique faith-based, culture-first model provides a supportive and engaging work environment.
We Offer Lucrative And Exciting Benefits
Health Insurance, including Medical, Dental, and Vision
Life Insurance, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Telephone Doctor 24/7
Employee Assistance Program
Health Savings Account or Health Reimbursement Arrangement
Paid Time Off
Direct Deposit- Bi-weekly
Employee Referral Program
Resident Referral Program
Sponsored Mission Trips-$1000 allowance and up to a week of paid time off
Marriage Retreat-Weekend Retreat Paid in Full
Professional Counseling-Free and Discounted Sessions Offered Annually
Discounted Gym Memberships/Fitness Products
Identity Theft Protection and Credit Monitoring
Summary Of Responsibility
The Wellness Director provides the highest possible standard of care through effective use of the nursing process; ensures that the Wellness department is operated efficiently and in compliance with all applicable legislation and regulatory requirements; fulfills responsibilities for selection, orientation, education, and on-going leadership of the Wellness staff; is ready and able to take global responsibility for the community in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Fulfills responsibilities for the development and maintenance of Wellness objectives, standards of Wellness practice, and Wellness policies and procedure manuals.
- Directly oversees the on-going delivery of the appropriate and personalized level of care to residents to ensure emotional, physical, and spiritual needs are met through all programs and services.
- Maintains a close working relationship with the Executive Director and other team members to foster high-quality resident care and resident family support.
- Participates in the assessment of potential residents to determine appropriateness for admission and ensures the community meets appropriate placement needs.
- Schedules and conducts new resident orientation for all residents and resident representatives.
- Coordinates, along with the Executive Director, family/resident care conferences and serves as a direct liaison between residents, families, and staff; writes resident assessments and care plans and reviews them with appropriate staff.
- Ensures personal comfort activities and personal hygiene services are completed each day and performs these tasks if needed.
- Coordinates with the Dining Services Director to ensure all residents receive diets prescribed; ensures and performs resident assistance for meals and between-meal nourishment.
- Ensures residents are clean, dry, and comfortable and their surroundings are clean, neat, and orderly, including nurses’ stations.
- Ensures residents are assisted into and out of wheelchairs, beds, stretchers, and stationary chairs as needed.
- Ensures vital signs of residents are taken and recorded and performs this task if needed.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships and two-way communication with residents, resident representatives, and the community’s medical staff and medical community.
- Observes residents for significant changes and adverse reactions or conditions on an on-going basis.
- Keeps the Executive Director informed regarding any unusual incidents or issues regarding residents, team members, or the community.
- Ensures that all resident concern and incident reports are completed on a timely basis and filed and follow-up is conducted in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Coordinates the enhancement of services provided to the resident, such as home health care, hospice, physical therapy, psychiatric assessment, durable medical equipment provision, and other services for residents.
- Coordinates transportation for resident outpatient appointments in conjunction with the Life Enrichment Director.
- Manages and monitors the inventory of medication, dispensing of medication, and the Medication Administration Records for all residents; ensures that each team member assigned to dispense medications is trained and qualified as stated by the regulations of the State.
- Fulfills responsibilities for infection control by following policies and procedures, updating and maintaining the manual where indicated, and keeping sufficient infection control supplies on hand in an easily accessible place.
- Ensures compliance with all State regulatory requirements, including mandatory reporting to State.
- Develops and/or monitors documentation systems that ensure all regulatory timeframes and requirements for review of assessments and care plans and resident needs are met.
- Ensures team member tuberculosis testing is conducted in a timely manner.
- Ensures residents receive annual tuberculosis screening in a timely manner, if applicable.
- Develops, maintains, and periodically updates written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the community, in conjunction with the Wellness team.
- Maintains a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Assumes on-call responsibilities as needed and remains available to staff at all times by phone to answer questions regarding residents.
- Arranges for a competent, qualified staff member to assume the duties and responsibilities during any absence of the Wellness Director.
- Assumes full responsibility for the operation and management of the community in the temporary absence of the Executive Director.
- Assists with answering the telephone and conducting tours.
- Assists in planning and/or preparing for community special events, including outreach to the greater community.
- Attends and actively participates in team meetings and required or optional continuing education programs.
- Assists in the evacuation of residents as necessary.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all resident information and honors the residents’ personal property rights.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a health care community and at least one (1) year of successful administrative or supervisory experience.
- Experience with cognitively impaired residents, i.e. Alzheimer and Dementia, with a focus on Validation Therapy; emergency care, and first-aid is preferred.
- Must obtain valid Continuing Education credits as required by the State of the community.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Active LPN/LVN or RN license from the State of the community required (RN preferred).
- Approved criminal background check, physical, drug screen, and TB skin test required.
- Must possess a current and valid driver's license and have the ability to meet approved driver requirements.
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies or executive search firms.
The Company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity as well as compliance with the law. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity and to make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other legally protected status or characteristic in the state in which a team member is employed by the Company. This policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, disciplinary action, termination, and all other personnel actions and conditions of employment.
The Company’s personnel policies and actions seek to ensure that no discriminatory practice exists. The Company also makes its recruiting sources aware of this policy and will terminate relationships with any organization that refuses to subscribe to the same principles. By this policy, the Company wishes to ensure that all team members have the opportunity to maximize their contribution to the Company and to their own career goals. The intention behind this policy is to provide equal employment opportunities that will simultaneously serve the requirements of society, the law, sound business practices, and individual dignity.
Dominion Senior Living
AddressJohnson City, TN
HealthcareView all jobs at Dominion Senior Living