Cook - (full-time) - DSL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Dominion Difference!
Want to be a part of a team whose calling and purpose is to honor God through service to seniors? Our unique faith-based, culture-first model provides a supportive and engaging work environment. Join team Dominion and take advantage of the Dominion Senior Living career pathway program for an opportunity to earn an additional $1 per hour in compensation the first year, and additional annual increases based on performance ratings.
We offer Lucrative and Exciting Benefits:
Health Insurance, including Medical, Dental, and Vision
Life Insurance, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Telephone Doctor 24/7
Employee Assistance Program
Health Savings Account or Health Reimbursement Arrangement
Paid Time Off
Time and a Half on Holidays
Direct Deposit- Bi-weekly
Employee Referral Program
Resident Referral Program
Sponsored Mission Trips-$1000 allowance and up to a week of paid time off
Marriage Retreat-Weekend Retreat Paid in Full
Professional Counseling-Free and Discounted Sessions Offered Annually
Discounted Gym Memberships/Fitness Products
Identity Theft Protection and Credit Monitoring
Summary of Responsibility:
The Dining Services Cook works in conjunction with the Dietitian and Dining Services Director to meet residents’ needs in producing quality nutritional service outcomes and quality care in accordance with all laws, regulations, and Dominion Senior Living standards.
- Follows all policies, procedures, and standards for safe food preparation, service, and storage; proper use of machinery and equipment; and infection control.
- Keeps the Dining Services Director informed regarding any unusual incidents or issues regarding residents, team members, or the community.
- Remains knowledge on ordered diets (i.e. therapeutic), as well as food textures and follows diet changes as directed by the Dining Services Director in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares for the shift by reviewing information/reports.
- Sets up and sanitizes the work area.
- Practices safe knife handling and keeps knives sharp.
- Thaws and cools fools according to requirements and maintains appropriate temperatures for cold and hot foods.
- Prepares meals that are tasty, appetizing in appearance, nutritionally balanced, and appropriate for each resident.
- Practices on-going cleaning and follow cleaning schedule for all kitchen areas.
- Maintains equipment as required.
- Keeps the kitchen organized in a safe, neat, and orderly manner.
- Receives and stores food items in a safe, sanitary, and timely manner.
- Ensures the kitchen is prepared and food and supplies are readily available for the next meal.
- Restocks product and supplies after meal service is complete.
- Closes the work area at the conclusion of operation.
- Assists in keeping Dining Services within budget by controlling waste.
- Notifies the Dining Services Director when supplies are needed.
- Assists other departments with programming and activities as needed.
Education, Experience, Licensure/Certification, Age Requirement:
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Prior healthcare and food services experience is preferred.
- Must successfully complete a valid food service sanitation course and maintain the certificate.
- Must obtain valid Continuing Education credits as required by the State of the community.
- Experience with seniors and especially cognitively impaired seniors (those with Alzheimer’s or Dementia) is preferred.
- Approved criminal background check, physical, drug screen and TB skin test is required.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
Application Process: A review of all applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. For full consideration, applicants must apply electronically through our applicant tracking system via the company careers page. The application should include the submission of a cover letter that highlights the candidate's interest in the role and experience that meets the requirements of the position, an updated resume, and the names, current company name, title, e-mail address, and phone number of three professional references.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies or executive search firms.
The Company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity as well as compliance with the law. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity and to make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other legally protected status or characteristic in the state in which a team member is employed by the Company. This policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, disciplinary action, termination, and all other personnel actions and conditions of employment.
The Company’s personnel policies and actions seek to ensure that no discriminatory practice exists. The Company also makes its recruiting sources aware of this policy and will terminate relationships with any organization that refuses to subscribe to the same principles. By this policy, the Company wishes to ensure that all team members have the opportunity to maximize their contribution to the Company and to their own career goals. The intention behind this policy is to provide equal employment opportunities that will simultaneously serve the requirements of society, the law, sound business practices, and individual dignity.
Our supportive work environment and our investments in our team members are evidence of Dominion Senior Living’s commitment to creating an excellent corporate culture. Through our working environment and our career pathways, we cultivate team members who deliver the quality care that our residents and families rely on daily.
The #DominionDifference: Our Families, Residents, and Team Members choose us because they have FAITH that we will follow through on our commitment to honor God through our service to seniors.
We uphold this commitment through our Vision, Mission, and F.A.I.T.H. values.
Dominion Senior LivingWhy Work Here?
Honoring God Through Service to Seniors. https://youtu.be/HuoHLGPYz7w
At Dominion Senior Living we employ a unique faith-based, culture-first model to provide an engaging work environment for employees and superior satisfaction for our residents. We believe Dominion Senior Living has a unique and irreplaceable culture defined by our commitment to God, our residents and each other. Our desire to create visionary senior living communities where we enable our team members to serve our residents and each other is the driving force behind our company and our success. Our supportive work environment and our investments in our team members are evidence of Dominion Senior Living’s commitment to creating an excellent corporate culture. Through our working environment and our career pathways, we cultivate team members who deliver the quality care that our residents and families rely on daily. The #DominionDifference: Our Families, Residents, and Team Members choose us because they have FAITH that we will follow through on our commitment to honor God through our service to seniors. We uphold this commitment through our Vision, Mission, and F.A.I.T.H. values.
3461 N Highway 81Anderson, SC