2nd Shift Resident Assistant/ CNA
Dominion Senior Living Hixson, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary of Responsibility:
The Wellness Resident Assistant provides routine daily nursing care and services that support the care delivered to residents requiring long-term care, in accordance with the established nursing care procedures and as directed by the supervisor.
- Assists residents with personal comfort activities and hygiene services (bathing, shampooing hair, skin and nail care, dressing, feeding, shaving, oral hygiene, toilet assistance, and cleaning of soiled resident) according to personalized care plans and daily assignments.
- Assists residents with daily routines and housekeeping tasks that the residents need assistance in performing, such as straightening the resident’s room each day.
- Removes all soiled linens from rooms; changes bed linens, towels, and washcloths once a week or as necessary.
- Responds promptly to residents’ emergency call signals and follows up with appropriate responses; makes rounds to check on the safety and security of residents.
- Assists the resident when transferring or moving to various areas within the community or to transportation vehicles.
- Takes and records the vital signs of residents (if certified as a CNA).
- Maintains documentation that reflects wellness care provided, the resident’s response to care, and disposition of each case.
- Observes residents for significant changes and adverse reactions or conditions updates resident records.
- Follows all policies, procedures, and standards for nursing care and infection control.
- Monitors and reports unusual incidents or issues regarding residents, team members, or the community.
- Prepares and reviews reports, such as care plans, daily and follows care plan changes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs resident assistance with meals and between-meal nourishment.
- Assists with dining service by serving meals, beverages, and snacks utilizing service trays and while displaying our L.O.V.E. service/hospitality model, and ensuring meals are served at the proper temperatures and presented in an appealing manner.
- Removes used items and trash during the meal; clears the tables and trays when the diners are finished.
- Assists with dining service by setting up and sanitizing the dining room(s), meal trays, food carts, and washing dishes as needed.
- Assists with programming, activities, parties, special events, or transportation as needed.
- Assists with community special events, including outreach to the greater community.
- Works beyond normal working hours and days and in other positions temporarily, as necessary for effective resident care and community operation.
- Engages in open communication within and between community departments and is cooperative.
- Attends and actively participates in team meetings and required or optional continuing education programs.
- Assists in the evacuation of residents as necessary.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all resident information and honors the residents’ personal property rights.
- Maintains a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned.
Everlan was born out of a dream to create vibrant communities unrivaled in the retirement housing market today. Our focus is simple — provide an optimal living environment for those 55+ who seek to get the most out of life.
Dominion Senior LivingWhy Work Here?
Our unique faith-based, culture-first model provides a supportive and engaging work environment.
Established in 2007, Dominion Group has deep expertise in developing housing and hospitality environments for all ages. We apply our unique faith-based, culture-first model to build quality living environments that generate superior resident satisfaction. Everlan was born out of a dream to create vibrant communities unrivaled in the retirement housing market today. Our focus is simple — provide an optimal living environment for those 55+ who seek to get the most out of life.
2143 Northpoint Blvd.Hixson, TN
HealthcareView all jobs at Dominion Senior Living