Direct Support Professional (Lorton/Woodbridge)
- $16 to $18 Hourly
NOVA Waiver Office - Fairfax, VA
$16.50 - $18.50 Hourly
Some Travel Required
Mental Health Services
Dominion Care is a leading provider of supports for people with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities putting the needs and preferences of the people we serve at the heart of all of our programs. We design our programs to empower participants towards more independence and a fuller life experience. Dominion Waiver has been the premier provider in the greater Richmond area for over a decade and continues to expand services throughout the state of Virginia.
Dominion Care is striving to build an innovative team of employees who are motivated to provide respectful and compassionate supports to those in the DD/ID community. We are looking for people who are interested in being part of an agency whose focus is on changing the landscape of DD/ID services for a better tomorrow.
At Dominion Care, we know our employees put a lot of heart and energy into their work, which is why we give so much in return. Dominion offers gas mileage reimbursement for travel during work hours, medical benefits are available to part-time employees, access to employee assistance programs as well as FinFit financial wellness programs, and other perks including:
- Dress: Our staff are encouraged to dress comfortably in a way that best represents themselves, Dominion, and the individual in services
- Flexibility: We have a variety of home-based, community based, and/or center based positions available with schedules that may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends to fit around any schedule.
- Atmosphere: Dominion likes to keep our staff feeling the love! With weekly social media shout outs, various catered staff events, and holiday celebrations.
What does it take to join our team?
- Experience: Preferred one year of experience working with the DD/ID community. This could be experience with a friend or family member or a previous employer.
- Requirements: Valid drivers license, clean driving record, willingness to undergo a criminal background check
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Skills: Passion for the human services field, basic writing and math skills, interpersonal communication skills, timekeeping and time management skills
- Characteristics: This position requires working directly with individuals with a diagnosis of developmental and/or intellectual disability. You should be trustworthy, patient, and creative.
As a Direct Support Professional you will have the opportunity to work with many amazing people who participate in our services. You will be responsible for:
- Building Independence: supporting people to increase independence with taking care of their home and managing activities of independent living (cooking, household tasks, personal care), maintain overall health and wellness (medication management, medical appointments, monitoring), and to empower each individual to develop their own lifestyle with dignity.
- Completing Written Documentation: DSPs complete important documentation that supports the team in learning more about individuals in order to create unique and personalized supports.
- Collaborating: DSPs work with a team even if their role is one-on-one with participants. Communication and collaboration ensure quality and consistent supports are provided.
- Community Outreach and Advocacy: working with the community to create opportunities for participants to find their passion in the world and explore their community.
Dominion CareFairfax, VA
Get fresh Direct Support Professional (Lorton/Woodbridge) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.