AVIATION MAINTENANCE A&P Mechanic, FAA REPAIR STATION - Richmond, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Dominion Aviation is a world class aviation company and a leader in general aviation services providing Fixed Base Operator (FBO) service, tailored charter solutions, aircraft management, FAA approved aircraft maintenance, and an award-winning flight school.
Seeking A&P Mechanic
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Assist in performing all duties authorized by the repair station.
- Assist Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor in performing 50-hour, 100-hour, and annual inspections on aircraft in order to assure airworthiness and conformance to standards.
- Work under supervision to repair any equipment, component, or aircraft for which he/she has completed training or is certified to repair.
- Be familiar with FAR's airworthiness directives, advisory circulars, manufacturer's service bulletins and service letters.
- Open shop order and enter discrepancies for a work request.
- Review discrepancies with Inspector.
- Access maintenance data and parts information.
- Build-up, mount, service wheels and tires in accordance with manufacturers' data.
- Service hydraulic brake systems in accordance with manufacturers' data.
- Service fuel system items in accordance with manufacturer's data.
- Lubricate aircraft in accordance with manufacturer's service data.
- Perform differential compression test on reciprocating engines under supervision of lead mechanic.
- Start, run and taxi aircraft within training and local license limitations.
- Perform oil changes in accordance with manufacturer's data and dispose of oil in accordance with shop procedures.
- Perform tension measurements on control cables under Lead Mechanics supervision.
- Use and interpret pressure gauges under supervision of Lead Mechanic.
- Perform basic electrical measurements, troubleshooting and repairs in accordance with manufacturer's data and within limits of basic training.
- Torque screws and bolts in accordance with industry standard practices and in accordance with manufacturer's data.
- Use micrometers, Calipers, run-out gauges and depth gauges to perform precision measurements under supervision of Lead Mechanic.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES) FOR THIS POSITION
- Previous experience is preferred (but will train the right individual).
- Ability to work independently with little supervision required.
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Dominion Aviation Services Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?