TITLE: Interior Designer-Healthcare Design Studio
Location: Culver City-CA
Salary: $65K to $95K
Successful candidates will be responsible for managing multiple projects by collaborating on design, product sourcing, preparing presentations, material and FF&E selections/specifications and producing/coordinating/quality control of construction documents authored by our firm and our consultants.
What you will do
- Working in a team environment, always striving towards the common goal of a successful project.
- Collaboration on conceptual design with the ability to be literal or clever when working on thematic designs.
- Lead client interior design meetings and presentations
- Produce/collaborate on presentations and computer generated renderings utilizing Photoshop.
- Technical plans and documentation, utilizing Revit.
- Assist in selection, research and specification of all Furnishings, Fixtures & Equipment, Finishes and Lighting.
- Travel for on-site coordination meetings will be weekly or bi-weekly for one to three days at a time.
- Problem solving as an independent and as part of a team.
- Coordinate organization of project bins and producing specific maintenance or specification information to the client or their operations department.
- Participate in staffing issues including workload assessment.
- Intercept questions/needs/comments from the clients and consultants.
- Review of all submittals and requests for information (RFI).
- Establish relationships with client, consultants and contractors and coordinate work requests from them as appropriate.
- Provide input on budget issues.
- Collaborate with outside designers to relay standards, coordinate with contractors, review and interpret interior documents and review their submittals and RFIs prior to processing.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design from a college or university that is accredited by CIDA or an equivalent quality program.
- Work experience as an Interior Designer for a minimum of 7 to 12 years.
- Strong Communication Skills – be able to work within a team and communicate to clients.
- Have skills in integrating 3-dimensional interior design with architectural elements.
- Collaborative Attitude.
- Experience with Healthcare Design = a plus.
- OSHPD experience = a big plus.
- Experience in markets and building types listed above preferred.
- Flexibility in work schedule. Overtime is sometimes necessary when working on deadline driven projects.
- Proficient in Revit, MS Office applications, and preferred aptitude in Creative Suite, and SketchUp.
- NCIDQ / CID a plus, but, not required.
- Commitment to sustainable design.