Dolores Street Community Services San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Dolores Street Community Services (DSCS) nurtures individual wellness and cultivates collective power among low-income and immigrant communities to create a more just society. As a multi-issue, multi-strategy organization, we work to improve lives on an individual level as well as affect broader social change by engaging in advocacy and community organizing. We work on a wide range of issues from homelessness to housing to immigration to employment and provide services ranging from shelter to tenant rights outreach to residential care, from deportation defense and immigrant rights education to workforce development for day laborers and domestic workers.
Supervises, coordinates and performs activities associated with the general maintenance and janitorial services for facility team. This may include repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment, general to interior maintenance, general to advanced plumbing, general to advanced carpentry, housekeeping, and/or janitorial activities.
- Supervises and coordinates efforts of the maintenance staff. Recommends new hires, discipline, and contributes to performance appraisal. Responsible for training, coaching, and communications to the maintenance staff and Janitorial staff.
- Performs or assigns work to repair and maintain mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning. Diagnoses problems. Disassembles units, cleans, lubricates, repairs, and replaces parts.
- Performs or assigns routine to difficult carpentry duties, including installation of new doors and installation or repairs of doorjambs, moldings, hinges, door closers, locks, knobs, etc. Also, may include drywall or plaster repair and painting duties.
- Performs or assigns routine to difficult electrical duties, including inspecting and testing lighting, wiring and power circuits, replaces faulty switches, replaces faulty lamps and ballasts.
- Performs or assigns routine to difficult plumbing duties, including unclogging sinks and toilets, repair of faucet, assemblies and replacement of washers, repairs or replacement pipes, repair of fountains, etc.
- Interface with contractors and vendors. Depending on property needs, creates written specifications and secures bids for services in accordance with established bid process. Solicits bids, negotiates with vendors for goods and services, schedules work to be completed, etc with the manager's approval.
- Schedules services on turnover units. Schedules regular PM work
- Manages inventory of equipment and supplies
- Assist with the Operation Manager to make sure the facilities and janitor team shifts are covered when employee call out
- Performs cost control and gives suggestion for facilities improvement
- Serve as Operations Manager role when the manager is absent
- 3-4 years of required maintenance experience in Multi-Unit property.
- Required certifications for this position include: plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, and electrical work
- A valid driver's license required
- Required skills for this position include: self-motivated, team-player, communication, interpersonal, attention to detail, customer service, initiative, and personal accountability.
Dolores Street Community Services is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks applicants of the greatest diversity possible, including women, people of color, queer individuals, persons with disabilities, including HIV, and formerly incarcerated individuals.
Dolores Street Community Services
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at Dolores Street Community Services