Adult and Child Protection Caseworker
Dolores County Social Services Dove Creek, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION: Adult and Child Protection Generalist Caseworker
STATUS: Full- Time, Exempt
SUMMARY: Position provides a full range of intake and/or on-going casework services for the adult and child protective services programs.
EXAMPLE OF JOB DUTIES:
- Receives referrals from the Statewide Child Abuse Hotline or/and community members regarding Adult and Child protection Concerns.
- Conducts Enhanced Screening, RED Team and FAR processes.
- Conducts background checks and prepares report for review in the RED team.
- Is familiar with TRAILS and CAPS software programs.
- Conducts investigations of alleged sexual, emotional, physical abuse, neglect and financial exploitation.
- Supervises placements and coordinates visits.
- Makes determinations as to when and if children should return home.
- Develops effective case plans and provides referral services to families.
- Determines the need for placement of clients into care. Locates appropriate placement s for the client’s needs and monitors client’s progress in placement.
- Make home visits with clients, organizes services such as day care, financial assistance, health (physical and mental), legal and provides information on available services.
- May provide other ancillary social casework services such as recruiting new foster home parents. Monitors quality of care provided in foster homes.
- Testifies in court on a variety of ongoing cases, makes recommendations to the courts on abuse and neglect cases, placement of children, guardianship of adults, and on custody investigations.
- Develops and writes reports of appropriate documentation of case plans, recommendations, contacts, assessments, etc.; develops case file information; completes forms and writes correspondence.
- Completes duties related to the collaborative management program including but not limited to intake, review, and ongoing services.
- Transportation of clients to and from various locations.
- Required to be On Call as scheduled for emergencies.
· Knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts of social casework practice (assessment and treatment oriented) related to all of the assigned program areas.
· Knowledge of medical symptoms related to injuries or failure to thrive in children. Battered child syndrome and the laws dealing with child abuse, neglect and other dependency conditions. Problems of the elderly, physically and mentally disabled, emotionally disturbed, and substance abuse.
· Skills in interviewing techniques, crisis intervention methods and relevant treatment modalities.
· Knowledge of community resources, of agency rules, regulations and procedures related to assigned program areas.
· Ability to establish support with multi-problem, dysfunctional clients. Independently analyze complex situations, formulate plans and make quick decisions as needed. Clearly and concisely express oneself both verbally and in written format. Establish and maintain harmonious professional relationships with other employees, outside agencies, and the public.
· Testify effectively in court hearings.
· Travel in order to make home visits and to visit foster parents and children in placement.
· Completes any other job duties as described in Volume 7, C.R.S. 19 , 12 CCR 2518, and C.R.S 26 or as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a major in a human behavior science field, or a degree with 30 semester hours, or 45 quarter hours, of course work in development of human behavior, child development, family intervention techniques, diagnostic measures or therapeutic techniques such as social work, psychology, sociology, guidance and counseling, and/or child development; and, One (1) year of professional caseworker, case management, or human services experience in a public or private human services agency; OR, A bachelor’s of social work degree and successful completion of an approved field placement in a county department of human services; or A master’s degree in social work or a human behavioral science.
Possess the ability to lift 50+ lbs
Possess the ability sit or stand for long periods of time
Dolores County Social Services
409 N. Main StDove Creek, CO
GovernmentView all jobs at Dolores County Social Services