Store Manager Trainee (SMT) Program
- Dollar Tree offers highly effective training programs for those interested in management opportunities in our stores.
Summary of the SMT Program:
- An accelerated developmental position with the target of being fully promotable to Store Manager after successful completion of all training program initiatives. ASMs who are able to demonstrate competence in the required areas of learning at the completion of this program may be awarded a promotion to Store Manager. As a SM you will have store specific responsibilities and oversight.
Training Overview - What you can expect from us to make YOU a success:
- During training you will continue to perform the basic functions of an Assistant Store Manager, while completing both In- Store and Developmental Training Sessions. Store Manager Trainees (SMT) will work closely with Store, District and Training Management on assigned tasks and develop management skills by successfully meeting daily challenges with hands-on experience and completing selected developmental training sessions.
- In-Store Learning - You will complete a 7 week structured hands- on training module, focusing around Store Manager operational objectives.
- Off -site Developmental Sessions designed around Store Manager Competencies and Leadership.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- At least one year of retail and management experience, at the departmental or higher level, with a minimum of six months as a Dollar Tree Assistant Manager.
- Completion of Dollar Tree's :
A positive performance recommendation from your current SM/ DM.
- Assistant Manager in Training Learning Guide
- Operations Assistant Manager Learning Guide
- Merchandise Assistant Manager Learning Guide
- A meets or exceeds expectations on Dollar Tree performance reviews
Are you ready to get Store Manager Training Started? Here is the Process
- Apply to this Job Posting through the Associate Career Center.
- Complete the Store Manager Assessment that was sent to the e-mail you entered in your Associate Career Center profile. You will receive the assessment shortly after you submit your application.
- The Field Recruitment Team will review each application to see if all of the requirements for the program are met.
- If you meet each requirement, Field Recruitment will complete a behavioral based phone screen.
- Selected candidates will be submitted to a Regional Roundtable Interview Committee for consideration into the SMT program.