Production Supervisor-2nd ShiftTracking Code912 Job Description
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
This position will be responsible for supervising production, processing, and sanitation activities to ensure production demands are met while producing a safe, quality food.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Maximize the effectiveness of approximately 80 hourly employees, equipment, and materials to process and package products within planned schedules at a minimum cost
- Responsible for maintaining excellent quality, sanitation, safety and production standards
- Train employees on job responsibilities and goals; hold accountable for results
- Ensure availability of adequate supplies and materials needed to meet and exceed productivity standards
- Inspect production equipment on a regular basis, arrange for any maintenance needs to prevent downtime
- Maintain good communication with supervisors in other areas and on other shifts to ensure smooth running of production/processing throughout the Plant
- Manage adherence to GMP, Safety, and all other plant policies
- Follow all Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to position
- Support special projects and other duties as assigned
- Food processing experience preferable.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills,
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to manage, motivate, and train people.
- Bilingual/biliterate preferred. Nepali, Spanish, and Burmese are spoken languages.
- Dynamic, hands-on ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, team-oriented food-processing environment.
- Must have the ability to make decisions, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures.
- Ability to maneuver around an array of equipment.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment (34 degrees on plant floor). Will have some exposure to fumes and airborne particles.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds unassisted up to 1/3 of the workday.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 1-3 years supervisory experience in a production environment involving efficiency improvement/monitoring with strong safety and quality management desired. Food processing experience preferable.
- BA/BS, degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.Job Location Bessemer City, North Carolina, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular