GENERAL PRODUCTION LEAD – MULTIPLE AREA FOCUS
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
This position is responsible for leading and directing the daily operations in the production department to ensure the production of Safe, Quality Food.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Conduct daily required inspection to ensure equipment and environment is in safe operating conduction
- Review production schedule and planned sequence prior to start-up
- Ensure adequate staffing and placement of labor resources
- Track schedule, sequencing, and production process
- Ensure paperwork is complete, correct, and timely
- Follow schedule, sequencing, product and packaging availability to ensure on-time starts and efficient changeovers
- Assure baggers are meeting standards, such as uptime efficiencies, bags per minute, and % of standard
- Manage product and processes to ensure schedule attainment within prescribed standards
- Monitor breaks and lunches
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained throughout shift throughout all areas
- Train employees to meet operating procedures and safe work habits
- Conduct tailgates and lead exercise routines at shift start each day
- Any and all other duties assigned by your Supervisor
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
· EXPERIENCE: Knowledge of production processes is required. Previous experience in a food processing facility is desired.
· SKILLS: Must have good communication and computer skills. Must be a self-starter and possess initiative. Must be able to lead and direct.
· ADDITIONAL: Hands-on ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented food processing environment. Required to work independently and with limited supervision. Must be able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/ procedures.