Farm Office AdministratorTracking Code944 Job Description
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Provide general administrative and clerical support for Regional Farming office.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- General Office Administration
- Prepare correspondence and reports as directed by Farm Manager/Ag Manager.
- Answer telephones, record and communicate messages for farm staff.
- Perform AP functions, assign general ledger codes for accounts payable invoices and enter in accounting systems.
- Perform various office administration duties including the ordering office supplies
- Operations Administration
- Assist Farm Manager/Ag Manager with various reports and assignments
- Maintain Daily Activity Report (DAR) to track plantings, pesticide/fertilizer/water applications.
- Track seed orders and set up timely delivery as needed.
- Update weekly planting schedules and report to Ag Dept
- Create input reports of usage and cost by ranch block.
- Report pesticide applications to Harvest Department. Ensure proper posting is reflected in the appropriate fields to comply with Worker Protection Standard. Update “Right to Know” station.
- Assist foremen regarding payroll issues, setting up safety meetings and report any work-related injuries or incidents to main office.
- Set up safety meetings and assist in reporting any work-related injuries or incidents to Safety Dept.
- Assist Farm Manager/Ag Manager with Target Zero Program and administration of Employee Safety Management System
- Assist Farm Manager/Ag Manager with various regulatory compliance reports and assignments including Employee Safety and Food Safety
- Human Resources Support
- Assist Human Resources Department by providing hire packets for new employees, lay-off slips and exit papers. Train new hires regarding pesticide safety procedures. Ensure required postings are up to date
- Assist Farm Manager/Ag Manager with various HR related reports and assignments
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PC skills required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions and interact well with co-workers
- Able to operate basic office equipment
- Understand and follow work rules/procedures
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Three years administrative experience; familiar with farming operations, employee safety and food safety management programs.
- High School Diploma required.
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.Job Location Oxnard, California, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular