Assistant Greenhouse ManagerTracking Code958 Job Description
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Assist the Greenhouse Manager in the execution of day-to-day operations to maximize efficiency and productivity of greenhouse production of transplants. Organize, direct, and coordinate activities for production of high-quality transplants with while remaining cost competitive. Duties include production planning, materials management, facilities and asset maintenance, and other activities related to the operational and financial performance of the business unit.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Assist Greenhouse (GH) Manager to ensure operational efficiency in the production of high-quality transplants to meet customer demand
- Work with the Greenhouse Supervisor to coordinate, organize and prioritize all labor activities to maintain a safe and productive work environment
- Establish and continuously evaluate performance metrics to ensure production, financial, and safety goals are met
- Assist GH Manager with employee safety management system (Target Zero) programs and other aspects of regulatory compliance
- Assist in hiring, training, and development of greenhouse staff
- Assist GH Manager to ensure all facility repairs and maintenance is prioritized and performed according to schedule to minimize downtime and maximize utilization
- Approve purchases of materials used in production of transplants using Purchase Order System
- Assist Greenhouse Manager to develop CAPEX budget and utilize CAPEX to maximize ROI
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge on providing monthly, weekly and daily planting volumes estimation to Department Manager.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, leadership and analytical skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Must have the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 3-5 years of experience with supervising workers, estimating greenhouse volumes/yields.
- B.S. degree in Ag Engineering, Horticulture, Crop Science, or Agricultural Business
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.Job Location Salinas, California, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular