Shipping & Warehouse Supervisor | 1st Shift
Want to use your leadership and warehouse experience in a new role? Doherty Career Solutions is currently partnering with a leading electronics company located in Maple Grove, MN to hire a Shipping and Warehouse Supervisor on 1st Shift. The Shipping & Warehouse Supervisor will plan and execute a shipping schedule that meets our customers order requirements. Working with sales, production, and warehouse staff he/she is responsible to fill all customer orders, define routing instructions for carriers, negotiate freight, and supervise the warehouse operations and staff. A strong understanding of international shipping, safe warehouse operations, ERP computer systems, Lean and 5S principles is required for success. The pay range is $25-27 per hour. Interested? Get more details below!
The client offers great benefits such as: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid holidays, Paid time off, 401k retirement plan and company match, and more
Shipping & Warehouse Supervisor Main Responsibilities:
· Review daily shipping schedule to determine priorities.
· Assure all orders are prepared timely and accurate per customer and company standards.
· Negotiate terms and conditions with carriers.
· Ensures orders are shipped in accordance to company and/or customer routing guide.
· Processes outbound shipments in ERP system & via carrier for small parcel, small package UPS, FedEx, DHL, LTL and/or international shipping requirements.
· Manages all documents such as advance shipping notices, SLI, commercial invoice, bills of lading, etc.
· Create and maintain process documentation and standard work for job duties and routing guide per distributor and other required dealers.
· Define and execute the final assembly and packaging schedule to ensure shipping schedule is met
· Supervise a team of 2-5 staff
· Implement Lean and 5S principles throughout all aspects of warehouse operations to maintain a clean, safe, and well-organized warehouse
· Define and implement processes for inventory control – check in/out, scrapping, cycle counts, etc.
· Ensure proper handling and processing of damaged shipments and freight claims.
· Provide daily instructions to the Receiving Specialist for receiving, inspecting, and storage of all incoming shipments
· Provide daily instructions to Material Handler for pulling inventory to meet production build schedule.
· Order & maintain warehouse supplies (Boxes, tape, pallets, packing materials, etc.) and maintain warehouse equipment (forklift, pallet jacks, pallets, etc).
· Load/Unload trucks
Shipping & Warehouse Supervisor Key Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 5 years International shipping experience
· 5 years warehouse operations and inventory management experience
· 5 years LEAN and 5S experience
· Forklift certification or license preferred
· Ability to frequently lift, push and slide packages that typically weight up to 50 lbs (unassisted) and up to 70 lbs in weight (assisted).
· Strong computer skills - ERP systems, MS Office, UPS WorldShip, etc.
· Strong, consistent work ethic with ‘team first’ focus
· Well organized, good communication skills, and attention to detail
Placing great people into work opportunities is our mission, and it's been a life-changing one for our candidates for over 35 years! We hope you turn to Doherty at every stage of your working life, from your first job, to the peak of your career, to the flexible or short-term opportunities during the busier times of your life. Whether you are looking for temporary work, a contract position, or a permanent job, Doherty can help you find the role that matches your current needs and skill set. We want to place you with the company that's right for you!
Whatever your career path, Doherty is here for you! Learn more and apply online at www.doherty.jobs.
Doherty is an Equal Opportunity and Drug-Free Employer.