Are you a creative designer who is looking to join a growing and dynamic team? Then look no further …. we have the #dreamjob for you! Doherty Career Solutions has partnered with a well-established commercial printing and product design company in their search for a Graphic Designer to design products from concept to sample stage. This position is located in Clara City and does require that you work in the office. This employer offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package. Enjoy a weekday work schedule with potential for domestic and international travel.
Graphic Designer Primary Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Sales, Product Development, and Marketing teams to develop product programs that are informed by the needs of clients and company product strategy.
- Responsible for tracking, documenting, and communicating design trends to the team and incorporating them into product design.
- Research the market locating unique finishes, treatments, materials and technologies. Translate this research into new product proposals.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to generate completely new product concepts and/or further refine existing products.
- Participate in cross-functional team line reviews and incorporate team decisions into product lines.
Graphic Designer Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Degree in Graphic Design, Product Design, or related field.
- Must be creative - with the ability to translate innovation to product formats.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop as well as hand sketching/rendering. Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office programs a plus.
- Passion for style and design with the ability to search out and apply design trends to product.
- Comfortable in learning production processes and constraints. Needs to evolve product design along with production requirements.
- This position is part of a cross functional team and requires high levels of organization, strong communication skills and ability to work within deadlines.
- Because this position works closely with the Sales and Sourcing/Production teams, occasional domestic and international travel will be required.