Do you love high-end audio equipment? How would you like to take you Electronic Tech career to one the world’s best at designing, developing and producing some of the most sought after hi-end audio electronics? Doherty Career Solutions is partnering with this Maple Grove company to locate an Electronic Service Technician to work on 1st shift on a contract-to-hire basis. This opportunity is on 1st shift and pays $20.00 hourly. Get more details below!
The Electronic Service Technician will receive units from customers to repair and restore them to proper working order.
Electronic Service Technician Main Responsibilities:
- The Service Technician will analyze, troubleshoot, debug, and repair High-End tube and solid-state electronic home audio equipment.
- Utilize test equipment (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, etc.) to troubleshoot to the component level, diagnose, and repair high end home audio equipment to our quality standards.
- Read and interpret design documentation (electrical schematics, bill-of-materials, component specification sheets, etc.) to troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
- Prepare time estimates for service and repair of customer’s home audio equipment.
- Test the repaired units to ensure audio equipment is performing within factory specifications.
- Upgrade units with new/improved features per factory specifications.
- Professionally communicate with dealers and customers via phone and email to provide technical support, answer questions, and provide status of repairs.
- Perform other duties as requested or required.
Electronic Service Technician Key Requirements:
- 2-year Associates degree or certification in Electronic Technology
- 3-5 years of experience troubleshooting to the component level and repairing the following: vacuum tube and/or solid-state audio electronics, digital and analog audio circuits, knowledge of high voltage equipment is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, components specification sheets, and service manuals.
- Ability to use oscilloscope, multi-meter, distortion analyzer, and other test equipment.
- Solder through hole and surface mount components, with and without magnification.
- Knowledge of how to handle electrostatic discharge
- Proficient in the use of Windows computers and Microsoft office applications.