- Expired: June 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you an experienced Buyer? Do you have a background in industrial parts and understand that sector? Wonderful! Doherty Career Solutions is partnering with a local Sartell, MN company as they search for a Buyer to join the growing team. The Buyer is part of the Supply Base Management group. This role procures parts and/or services and manage suppliers. The Buyer is involved in engineering, quality, freight, financial and any issue in regard to supplier. This position is fully onsite and will be M-F standard business hours.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Identify and select the best suppliers for the purchase of raw materials, finished parts, equipment, tools, supplies, and services.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best price and delivery of the required materials in the correct quantity and quality. Develop long term supply agreements. Issue the purchase orders to meet requirements.
- Understanding of MRP requirements. Monitor open purchase orders and maintain current planned delivery schedules per MRP requirements.
- Monitor supplier on time delivery and quality levels to develop plans for continuous improvement of overall supplier performance.
- Manage suppliers. Resolve supplier payment disputes with finance and optimize payment terms and freight terms. Resolve NCR’s.
- Maintain current delivery lead-times for all items purchased from supplier and continue to work to reduce.
- Maintain current prices for purchased materials and use to establish annual standard costs.
- Source new suppliers for cost savings, lead time reduction, and quality improvements to support manufacturing requirements.
- Other duties as deemed necessary for department flow.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of industrial purchasing of castings, machined parts, steel, motors, and/or other components in the US and the global market.
- Must understand and be able to perform the steps required to turn Engineering drawings into production ready parts.
- Requires extensive product knowledge, understanding supplier’s capabilities, and varied manufacturing processes.
- Knowledgeable in cost reduction techniques, just-in-time principles, standard cost, and total cost & quality management.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment and adapt to changing workload.
- Strong negotiation skills required.
- Must possess strong, effective verbal and written communication skills.
- APICS or CPM certification preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to pass background and screening requirements.
Interested in learning more? To be considered please send resumes to email@example.com or call 952-715-5043 with any questions. Start your career today and join a family friendly employer!
Doherty Career Solutions
BusinessView all jobs at Doherty Career Solutions