CANINE COACH/ROVER JOB POSTING
Bring your dog to work? That’s right! Dogtopia, the industry leader in dog daycare, boarding, and spa services has an opening for an energetic, organized, business-minded individual that will assist in all areas of Dogtopia as a Canine Coach/Rover. This person should love dogs, and upon successful completion of training, can even bring their dog to work!
What we offer: Let’s look at what Dogtopia does for you!
- It’s always Bring Your Dog to Work Day!
- Education in basic dog obedience and training
- Fun, dynamic team culture with more than 90 locations
- Career progression based on performance
- Additional certification programs available
- Competitive wages with flexibility in scheduling
- Learn key skills related to customer service, teamwork, and sales
The rules by which we, as Dogtopians live by are:
We LOVE life unconditionally like a dog.
We STAY local to our pack.
We CHASE the absolute highest standards of safety.
We PLAY to our fullest potential.
We TREAT every day like It’s the Most Exciting Day Ever!
Now that we have the fun out of the way, let’s get into what you can offer us as a Rover.
- Jack of all Trades
- Support playroom staff with day-to-day tasks
- Proper use of crate time and proper positive reinforcement with dogs
- Able to perform meal prep with little or no assistance
- Transfer of dogs from lobby to playroom and vice versa
- Stores daycare and boarding belongings properly with correct labels
- Ability to coach others with positive feedback and hold them accountable
- Complete all E-learning platforms
- Clean and Safe Environment
- Working as a team to get all the nitty gritty tasks completed
- Keeping playrooms clean of messes at all times
- Cleaning may include mopping, sweeping, trash, and water refill (among other tasks)
- Being proactive in making sure dogs are always in a clean and safe environment is key!
- Health and Grooming
- As a member of the team, you will be taught spa services (bathe, nail clip, etc.) to complete when needed
- Will learn how to identify dog breeds and behaviors
- Report dog scuffles right when they occur for safe wound cleaning, if needed
- Work with team to assure our Quality of Care sets the standard for dog care
- Customer Service and Presentation
- Ability to work cohesively with their team in a respectful and professional manner
- Knowledgeable on pricing and services
- Strive for high customer review ratings by always smiling for the cameras and engaging in safe play!
- ENJOY your team! GROW your team! And PLAY to you fullest potential!
- Personal Characteristics
- Quick thinker
- Emotionally intelligent
- Outgoing, enthusiastic by nature
- Strong multi-tasker
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing
- Ability to work flexible days and hours, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Must love dogs!
As the Canine Coach/Rover, you will work with customers, furry friends, and team members to ensure Dogtopia sets the highest standards and satisfaction for safety and fun. Please take a moment and watch this short video to learn more about the brand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FONo1u85eY
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. Fill out our Job Application or call (803) 620-4990 if you have any questions.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $9.00 /hour