- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Desire to have a positive impact on the health and wellness of individuals in our community while working in an energetic environment with a well-paying job that provides benefits? Then come join us at Dogma Athletica where we are focused on providing functional fitness training to help our clients realize their health and fitness objectives. We believe in having authentic relationships and connections with each other, with our customers, and with our broader community. Those relationships are formed by trust, respect and the intent to enrich the lives of those around us.
Our training philosophy is founded on evidence-based exercises to enhance the movement patterns and functional fitness of our customers. We seek to understand their health objectives and current limitations, and then develop targeted fitness training programs to enable them to have a higher level of function in their every day lives. Whether their sport is golfing, skiing, hiking, cycling, or simply being able to go about their day-to-day activities in a dynamic way, we help improve their health outcomes.
We provide more than just a “livable” pay structure. Along with a generous cash compensation package that offers pay incentives for additional training sessions, we provide the option for retirement savings with company matching contributions and participation in health insurance programs. After one-year, new employees become eligible for the company’s profit-sharing program. Plus, scheduling flexibility and the opportunity to work alongside fun colleagues providing valued services to a loyal client base makes this one of Vail Valley’s premiere workspaces for the dedicated fitness professional.
We are looking for someone who shares our values of authenticity, joy and dedication to excellence in client service. Candidates for the trainer role need familiarity with exercise physiology and best practices in group and individualized fitness training practices.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design and lead group fitness instruction classes. Provide motivation, feedback and class guidance to participants.
- Work with individual clients to understand their fitness objectives and design appropriate individual training programs. Lead clients through individual training sessions providing exercises to elicit targeted improvements, positive guidance on corrective exercise movements, and feedback to encourage individuals on their fitness journey.
- Develop rapport with individual clients and general gym customers.
- Set up and take down before and after group fitness sessions.
- Contribute to gym cleanliness and order by making sure equipment is in its appropriate place, cleaning and wiping down equipment as needed throughout the day.
- Be trained in CPR & First Aid and manage accidents or incidents according to appropriate protocol.
- Maintains individual schedule with assigned clients and instructs group sessions according to established gym schedule.
- Engage with prospective clients to understand their fitness objectives and highlight benefits of individual training packages.
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED
- CPR, AED & First Aid certifications
- One or more years of customer-oriented work experience
- Personal training certification from recognized national fitness program such as NASM, ACE or ASFA
- Three or more years of experience working in a gym or fitness studio
- Preference for candidates with advanced certifications such as NSCA - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, or education such as a degree in exercise science, kinesiology, or similar major.
Dogma Athletica is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are selected for hire, Dogma Athletica will provide a conditional job offer and check your references and conduct a background review before confirming your job offer and scheduling your orientation.
Dogma AthleticaWhy Work Here?
Have a positive impact on people's well-being!
Dogma Athletica is Vail Valley's premiere fitness studio and gym providing one-on-one training, group classes, and now cycling and triathlon coaching services! A fun and energizing environment awaits all who walk through our doors!
137 Main StreetEdwards, CO
Sports and Recreation