Financial Institutions Group - Compliance Consultant
Doeren Mayhew Remote, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a Compliance Consultant to join our Financial Institutions Group. The Consultant can work remote or from any of our office locations.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and controls by examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal compliance structure
- Conduct regulatory deposit and lending compliance audits
- Work with financial institution management and audit committees on testing objectives.
- Executing the review of deposit and lending compliance to achieve compliance objectives for clients with assets up to $10 billion and that require innovative solutions to both simple and complex problems.
- Assist with engagement planning, risk assessment, and sample selection.
- Evaluating and documenting policy and procedures compliance, and documentation. Identifies improper documentation and researches issues and makes recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly.
- Update compliance programs as needed based on regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- Experience in working in compliance, internal audit, mortgage banking, operations, or similar type of function required.
- Financial institution industry experience is highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Bank/Credit Union operating policies and procedures and federal regulations
- Ability to work well with various levels of management
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience performing compliance audits.
- A working knowledge of federal consumer compliance regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, highly professional team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- A desire to stay informed of industry trends through continuous internal training, self-education, and continuing professional education opportunities.
BusinessView all jobs at Doeren Mayhew