General Contractor in Phx. is looking for a Commercial Construction Superintended with a MINIMUM of 10 years’ experience to coordinate all phases of construction including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuing that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for Scheduling, Inspections, quality control, and job safety.
We specialize in Design Builds, Light Industrial Buildings, Metal Construction, Restaurants, Retail Centers, Healthcare, Office Buildings, Tennant Improvements and Ground Up’s.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
· Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
· Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
· Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
· Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
· Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
· Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
· Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
· Maintain daily log (on computer) of activities on the jobsite.
· Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
· Walk all areas on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
· Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
· Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors regarding quality of work or scheduling.
· Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
· Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
· Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
· Preside at pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor.
· Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
The Project Superintendent is solely responsible for and will be held accountable for the timely completion of the project and ensuring that the project is constructed in strict accordance with plans, specifications, and local codes. Project Superintendent shall schedule all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors, as well as ensure their completion of work within time allowed. The Project Superintendent shall be responsible for the coordination of work directed in the field, provide work is performed in accordance with plans and specifications. Conflicts or revisions to the plan shall be communicated with the project team (i.e. superiors, architect, engineer, consultant, owner) for mutual resolution, prior to execution of work that deviates from the approved plans. The Project Superintendent shall establish and enforce job site quality control programs to ensure quality completion of construction. The Project Superintendent does not have authorization to engage in monetary agreements (subcontracts, change orders, work authorizations). All request for monetary agreements must be communicated to the Director of Operations for consideration prior to work performed. Failure to perform these duties will result in reprimand or termination.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst 30+ subcontractors and vendors.
· Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
· Communicate using the following tools: telephone, text. fax machine, written logs, email, computer, digital camera.
· Blueprint reading.
· Physically lift up to 50 lbs.
· Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
· Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
· Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors.
· Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
· Reach with hands and arms.
· Climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· Talk or hear
· The employee is occasionally required to sit.