This position is Monday thru Friday, dayshift.
OR CIRCULATING NURSE
We are a small physician owned facility seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team. Our mission is to promote health and wellness in a home like setting and atmosphere. We strive to provide exceptional care through strong customer service and team work.
The OR Circulating nurse is instrumental in managing nursing care and the OR from outside the sterile field. Applicants must be dependable, detail oriented, flexible and a skilled problem solver. This nurse must be able to juggle multiple priorities without missing a beat, is a team player, and have excellent communication skills. They must also be able to think critically in a fast paced and challenging environment. This is a Monday through Friday dayshift position with some on-call expected. No major holidays.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Provide efficient and effective perioperative nursing care to the patient
· Maintain surgical services in accordance with competency standards
· Execute proper use, care and handling of surgical equipment to ensure safety of operating staff and the patient
· Communicate continuously with the operating team and other medical staff to meet the needs for patient care
· Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of sterile techniques
· Prepare operating room with surgical equipment, linens and supplies that will be needed during the surgery
· Position patients for surgery and prep surgical area in compliance with facility policy
· Consistently reviews charts for completeness prior to and after surgical procedures
· Holds self, physicians and other team members accountable for safe patient practices and environment
· Remain flexible and adaptive; able to accept and implement new ideas and approaches
Qualifications and Skills:
· Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
· Licensed in the state of Kansas
· BLS certification
· ACLS within 6 months of hire
· 1 year of critical care experience is preferred
· Prior circulating experience is not required. We are willing to train the right individual.
· Competitive full benefits available