Are you interested in joining a dynamic team at Doctor’s Data, Inc. Clinical Laboratory? We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Director of Clinical Laboratory Operations.
This management position provides leadership and direction for the overall operations of all aspects of analytical testing in the laboratory. The Director is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing and managing the technical and administrative aspects of the Clinical Laboratory. Responsibilities include oversight of the laboratory’s quality program, method development and implementation to support a robust menu of routine and complex tests which are performed across a broad variety of test methodologies and instruments. The Director works collaboratively with colleagues, leads process improvement projects, and leads staff development and engagement.
PhD in a clinically relevant field (medical technology, biochemistry, chemistry, biology) plus at least 5 years related experience; OR Masters in relevant field with at least 10 years related experience; OR Bachelors in relevant field with at least 15 years related experience. At least 4 years managing or supervising in a CLIA Laboratory required. High degree of computer literacy, including statistical and network applications needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide effective and efficient administrative direction of the laboratory.
- Establish goals and objectives, plan, staff, direct activities, and assure operational and financial effectiveness for the Clinical Laboratory.
- Monitor all work performed in the laboratory to ensure that medically reliable data are generated.
- Recommend measures to improve testing procedures and use of equipment.
- Recognize problems and resolve, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Select and implement new instruments and testing methods.
- Assure instruments are maintained and records are kept.
- Ensure that laboratory is in compliance with regulatory and licensing agencies.
- Develop and implement laboratory staff technical training programs and competency tests.
- Knowledge of CLIA and New York State regulatory requirements for developing and validating laboratory developed tests.
- Involvement in Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities to ensure laboratory instruments are properly maintained and functioning appropriately, quality control material is run as described in the technical SOP and that the control material is given the correct values.
- Promote a safe laboratory environment for personnel and other occupants.