- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
DOBCO, INC. - nominated for the NJBIZ - BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD IN 2022 is a highly successful, privately owned Public Work General Contractor headquartered in Wayne, NJ (Passaic County). We are in need of hiring an experienced Legal Assistant who will support our in-house General Counsel and Contracts Administrator by assisting with the following duties:
- Assist in-house General Counsel with legal matters and assist the Contracts Administrator with contract management
- Provide support with claims / mediation / arbitration / litigation
- Construction Claims - analyze backup and prepare claims
- Research and organize documents, interview witnesses, analyze data, and prepare chronologies and narratives
- Draft letters, notices, discovery, pleadings, and motions with attention to detail
- Communicate with project teams, consultants, and outside counsel regarding project-level issues, claims, and disputes
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts and scopes of work
Candidates interested in this position should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as a legal assistant (preferably in a construction or engineering setting)
- Ability to handle confidential information and communications in a secure and professional manner in addition to working within the legal Rules of Professional Conduct
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and typing skills
- Superior multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Research skills and ability (preferably legal research)
- Familiarity with legal concepts and issues relevant to the construction industry preferred
- Ability to read and interpret contract schedules, contract drawings, and specifications is preferred
Dobco, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age or disability. We are proud to offer a competitive salary along with medical / dental / vision / AFLAC and Short Term Disability benefit plans to all qualifying employees.
If you feel that your experience matches well with the description listed above, please respond via the ZipRecruiter website. ONLY those applicants whose experience is of interest to us will be contacted.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?