Mobile Diesel Technician (Diesel Mechanic)
- $24 to $57 Hourly
Signing bonuses are available for Mobile Diesel Technicians (Diesel Mechanic)!
The Dobbs Truck Group is a growth company that successfully expands our operations and customer base through a high-quality team of employees.
Dobbs Truck Group operates 23 commercial truck dealerships through two operating companies – Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Center. These dealerships represent some of the best commercial truck brands including Peterbilt, Volvo, Mack, Autocar, and Hino and include locations in Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oregon, Tennessee, and Washington.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k), as well as paid vacation and sick leave. Our Company is looking for long-term employees that we can invest in and grow with as we pursue our mission of being the premier commercial truck dealer group.
I. General Job Description
This position will be responsible for the maintenance and repair on all types of commercial trucks and equipment while working out of the fully equipped mobile service truck. This position will be responsible for the diagnosis and repair of all vehicles and equipment serviced by the Company’s facilities. This position will be expected to perform with the highest degree of professional competence, as it relates to quality of work, product knowledge, and customer service.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
• Complete repairs in estimated time per industry standards.
• Grow and maintain the customer base
• Perform DOT inspection, troubleshooting, and repair on all areas of a vehicle including electrical, charging systems, starting systems, engine, HVAC, powertrain, and chassis components.
o Repairs include diagnosis and removal of injectors, cylinder heads, camshafts, main bearings, rod bearings, and transmission/clutch components.
• Utilize various diagnostic equipment, software, and technical publications/information to determine root cause of customer complaint and repair solution.
• Maintain service truck, supplied tooling, and parts inventory to Company’s expectation.
• Provide thorough documentation that supports complaint, cause, and correction.
• Perform preventative maintenance when requested.
• Respond promptly to customer requests and foster customer relationships.
• Report to customer and service administration on any deferred repairs.
• Flexibility to be available after hours and alternate days.
II. Minimum Job Qualifications
• 18 years of age.
• 4 years of dealer experience as a Diesel/Service Technician.
• Valid Commercial Driver’s License and a qualified MVR abstract.
• Minimum tool requirements (see below).
III. Desired Job Qualifications
• High school graduate or GED with 5 years of experience in a truck dealership or equivalent experience.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Great customer service skills.
IV. Mental Capability Requirements
• Comprehension: Ability to understand complex problems, collaborate, and explore alternative solutions.
• Organization: Ability to organize and prioritize work schedule on short-term basis (more than 1 month).
• Reasoning & Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with moderate impact on immediate work unit.
• Communication: Ability to communicate effectively with individuals utilizing a phone.
• Mathematics: Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
V. Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level is normally loud.
VI. Common Expectations of Performance for all Employees
The following includes common expectations for all employees of the Company. The evaluation of job performance will be based on these common expectations as well as the position-specific responsibilities described above.
Communications, Teamwork, and Feedback to Others
• Contribute to a work environment that is based on trust and respect.
• Have discussions on a regular basis with their manager to discuss opportunities to best achieve individual performance objectives and departmental goals.
• Suggest ways to improve the efficiency of conducting their job duties.
• Promote continuous improvement and change to support company growth.
• Mentor others unselfishly.
• Give credit where it’s due.
Company Loyal Policies and Work Ethic
• Adhere to the policies contained in the Employee Handbook.
• Adhere to the Company’s Employee Conduct Policy.
• Support management decisions toward meeting company goals.
• Be open and receptive to new ideas, regardless of their origin.
• Make prudent decisions, which are based on the best interest of the Company and its long-term future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Dobbs Truck Group operates 23 commercial truck dealerships through two operating companies – Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Center.
Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Center are equal opportunity employers that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience, and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Parts do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or marital status; or on the basis of age against persons whose age is 40 and over, or on the basis of physical or mental disability; or to disabled veterans or to Vietnam veterans.
We are proud to be an affirmative action employer and encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to join our team.
Dobbs Truck GroupTupelo, MS
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.